Chapter 13.5: Intermission

Start from the beginning

Since that day, I found the answer, my purpose, and a friend. I protected a lot of humans and canitaurs for many years. However, my saddest part of my life is seeing my friends grown older until they left me from this world.

One day, the sky turns blue as the hot yellow orb brightens the day and the white orb appears at night. The temperature rises as the ice melted day by day and the green things sprouted in the vast lands. And as for myself, I instinctively crawled to the hole which is big enough for me to fit inside. The little humans and canitaurs dug this for me.

My little human girl tried to stop me as her tears rolled down her cheeks but the adult humans stopped her from coming closer to me. She said something but I couldn't hear her words because my ears are no longer functioning.

I didn't stop crawling until I finally lay down my weak body. The hole they made is a safe place for me to perish and I will become the relic of the past.

I am grateful that the descendant of my first human friend and our kin are no longer shivering from the bone-chilling temperature. The so-called monsters are extinct because I exterminated them all. And because those main problems are gone, my purpose has been fulfilled. They don't need me anymore and my life has come to an end.

When the darkness took over my sight, the transparent glowing red box with unreadable words appeared before my eyes.

"It said, a cheater has been detected and that cheater is you." The voice of an old man said as I tried myself to move my body in vain.

"Calm down, little dog. You are currently dead –Ah! I mean, not fully dead... Let me introduce myself, I'm a nameless God of Space and Time. My purpose right now is to find some cheaters in every functioning universes. The cheaters like you will be sent to the center of the multiverse known as Octavia." The voice explained but calling himself as a god is unbelievable.

He even called me a cheater. How did I cheat?

"How did you cheat? Simple! For a level 0 monster like yourself is not fair in the world you live in. Your stats such as Attack, Magic, Strength, and Speed are 999." He answered my thoughts as if he read my mind but his answer is quite difficult for me to understand.

"What I'm trying to say is, the players in your world are balanced but you are born strong which is not fair for the other players who are working hard to get stronger. You just casually defeated them like some small insects."