Chapter 34

A/N - So I made a miscalculation and the first part of this chapter should have been added to the end of the previous one. Therefore, I added the beginning of Big Bang to the end of the this chapter.

The Doctor grabbed the communicator and called River. "The TARDIS, where is it? Hurry up. What are you even doing there?"

Elise grabbed the Doctor's hand to offer him comfort. He squeezed her hand back.

"Something's using her memories. Amy's memories. You said something had been there. If they've been to her house, they could have used her psychic residue. Structures can hold memories, that's why houses have ghosts. They could've taken a snapshot of Amy's memories. But why?" The Doctor kept glancing back at the Romans.

"Projections, or duplicates. They might think they're real. The perfect disguise. They actually believe their own cover story, right until they're activated." The Doctor started pacing. "Why? Who'd do that? What for? It doesn't make sense. River? River? River, what's happening?"

Elise suddenly wished she'd gone with River instead of staying with the Doctor.

"You're flying it wrong. Where are you? What's the date reading? You need to get out of there now. Any other time zone. Just go. Well, then shut down the TARDIS. Shut down everything! But how? Why?"

A high pitched noise filled the air.

Elise watched as the Romans in the chamber with them doubled over for a second before raising back up.

"Listen to me, just land her anywhere. Emergency landing, now. There are cracks in time. I've seen them everywhere, and they're getting wider. The TARDIS exploding is what causes them, but we can stop the cracks ever happening if you just land her," the Doctor told River.

The Pandorica started to open and a white light filled the chamber.

"Well, now. Ready to come out, are we?" the Doctor asked. He put the communicator back to his ear. "Okay, just walk out of the doors. If there's no one inside, the TARDIS engines shut down automatically. Just get out of there. Run!" The Doctor soniced the Pandorica as the Romans came closer to them.

Their hands were now guns.

Elise tugged on the Doctor's jacket.

"Doctor! Doctor, I can't open the doors!" River yelled over the communicator.

The Doctor finally turned and saw the Romans. "Amy!" he yelled.

The Romans grabbed both Elise and the Doctor and walked them towards the Pandorica.

"Plastic Romans. Duplicates, driven by the Nestene Consciousness, eh? Deep cover, but what for? What are you doing? What's in there, eh? What's coming out?" the Doctor asked.

"The Pandorica is ready," one of the Romans said.

"What, do you mean it's open?"

"You have been scanned, assessed, understood, Doctor," a Dalek voice said.

"Scanned? Scanned by what, a box?" the Doctor asked.

"Your limits and capacities have been extrapolated."

Cybermen and a couple of other alien species that Elise didn't recognize appeared in the chamber.

"The Pandorica is ready!" The alien that spoke was short and brown.

Elise had never seen so many different species before, but she wasn't scared. The only real thing that scared her were Daleks.

"Ready for what?" the Doctor asked.