Chapter 4

"What's that?" the red haired woman asked the Doctor.

"Well, that would be back up. Okay, one more time. We do have back up and that's definitely why we're safe".

"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated".

"Well, safe apart from, you know, incineration", the Doctor added.

Prisoner Zero left the house as the Doctor continued to try and free himself.

"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated".

The Doctor started banging his screwdriver on the floor. "Come on, work, work, work, come on. This would be so much easier if you had one", he told Elise, "Remind me to make you one. Would you like one?"

Elise just shrugged. She didn't even know what the device was or what it was supposed to do.

"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated".

The Doctor finally unlocked the handcuffs. "Run! Run!" He grabbed the redhead's hand and Elise's and pulled them over to the stairs.

"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated".

They ran out into the garden, towards the TARDIS.

"Kissogram?" the Doctor asked the redhead.

"Yes, a kissogram. Work through it".

"Why'd you pretend to be a policewoman?"

"You broke into my house. It was this or a French maid. What's going on? Tell me. Tell me!"

"An alien convict is hiding in your spare room disguised as a man and a dog, and some other aliens are about to incinerate your house. Any questions?"

"Yes".

"Me too". The Doctor pulled out his key and tried unlocking the TARDIS, but the doors wouldn't open. "No, no, no, no! Don't do that, not now! It's still rebuilding. Not letting us in".

"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated".

"Come on", the redhead told him, pulling him away from the TARDIS.

He pulled away from her and ran towards a shed. "No, wait, hang on. Wait, wait, wait, wait. The shed. I destroyed that shed last time I was here. Smashed it to pieces".

"So there's a new one. Let's go".

"Yeah, but the new one's got old. It's ten years old at least". The Doctor sniffed the shed and then licked his fingers. "Twelve years. I'm not six months late, I'm twelve years late".

"He's coming".

"You said six months. Why did you say six months?"

"We've got to go".

"This matters. This is important. Why did you say six months?"

"Why did you say five minutes!"

It finally dawned on the Doctor that the woman standing in front of him was little Amelia Pond. Elise had thought she looked and sounded familiar.

"What?" the Doctor asked her.

"Come on".

"What?"