Chapter 5

The three of them ran onto the village green, where the Doctor grabbed the nurse's phone.

"The sun's going out, and you're photographing a man and a dog. Why?" the Doctor asked him.

The man turned to Amy. "Amy?"

"Hi! Oh, this is Rory, he's a friend".

"Boyfriend".

"Kind of boyfriend".

"Amy!"

"Man and dog. Why?" the Doctor asked.

"Oh my God, it's him", Rory said.

"Just answer his question, please", Amy told him.

"It's him, though. The Doctor. The Raggedy Doctor".

"Yeah, he came back".

"But he was a story. He was a game".

They didn't have time for this! The Doctor grabbed Rory by his scrubs and got in his face. "Man and dog. Why? Tell me now", the Doctor demanded.

"Sorry. Because he can't be there. Because he's..." Rory said.

"In a hospital, in a coma", the Doctor spoke with him.

"Yeah".

"Knew it. Multiform, you see?"

He let go of Rory and smoothed out his scrubs. "Disguise itself as anything, but it needs a life feed. A psychic link with a living but dormant mind". He poked Rory in the forehead.

Prisoner Zero found them and started barking at them.

"Prisoner Zero", the Doctor said, stepping closer to him.

Elise ran forward and grabbed the Doctor's hand while hiding behind him.

"What? There's a Prisoner Zero too?" Rory asked.

"Yes", Amy told him.

A spaceship with an eyeball came down from the sky.

The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver. "See, that ship up there is scanning this area for non-terrestrial technology. And nothing says non-terrestrial like a sonic screwdriver". He pressed the button as he held to the sky.

The streetlights started to explode and car alarms started to go off.

"I think someone's going to notice, don't you?" He pointed it at a red phone box which blew up.

The screwdriver had been pushed to its limits and it exploded in the Doctor's hand.

He dropped it as it smoked and sizzled. "No, no! No, don't do that! Argh!" The Doctor turned to look at Elise. "I am so making you a sonic screwdriver!"

"Look, it's going", Rory said as the spaceship flew off.

"No, come back. He's here!" the Doctor yelled, "Come back! He's here. Prisoner Zero is here. Come back, he's here! Prisoner Zero is..."

"Doctor! The drain. It just sort of melted and went down the drain", Amy told him.

"Well, of course it did".

"What do we do now?"

"It's hiding in human form. We need to drive it into the open. No TARDIS, no screwdriver, seventeen minutes. Come on, think. Think!"

"So that thing, that hid in my house for twelve years?"

"Multiforms can live for millennia. Twelve years is a pit-stop".