Chapter 16

"That's...that's...that's like the crack from my bedroom wall from when I was a little girl", Amy told the Doctor.

"Yes", he said as the room started to shake.

"Okay, enough. We're moving out", Octavian told them.

"Agreed. Doctor?" River asked.

"Yeah, fine". The Doctor stood on top of a box as he soniced the crack.

"What are you doing?"

"Right with you".

"We're not leaving without you".

"Oh yes, you are. Bishop?"

"Miss Pond, Doctor Song, now!" Octavian yelled.

"Doctor?" Amy asked.

"Come on!" River told her.

Amy followed River, who was still holding Elise, into the forest. As they ventured further, she started to feel sick.

"Amy? Amy, what's wrong?" River asked, noticing something was off with the ginger girl.

"Four", Amy answered. She swayed on her feet and sat down.

River set Elise down as Amy laid down on a moss covered tree trunk. "Med scanner, now", River ordered.

Elise, due to her size, was face to face with Amy. She reached out a hand to touch her.

"Elise, don't", River told her as a cleric handed her the med scanner.

"Doctor Song, we can't stay here. We've got to keep moving", Octavian told her.

"We wait for the Doctor".

"Our mission is to make this wreckage safe and neutralize the Angels. Until that is achieved..."

"Father Octavian, when the Doctor's in the room, your one and only mission is to keep him alive long enough to get everyone else home. Or give Elise enough time to come up with a plan. And trust me, it's not easy. Now, if he's dead back there, I'll never forgive myself. And if he's alive, I'll never forgive him. And, Doctor, you're standing right behind me, aren't you?"

Elise looked behind River and saw her father.

"Oh, yeah", he said.

"I hate you", River told him.

"You don't. Bishop, the Angels are in the forest".

"We need visual contact on every line of approach", Octavian said.

"How did you get past them?" River asked.

"I found a crack in the wall and told them it was the end of the universe", the Doctor answered.

"What was it?" Amy asked, on the verge of tears.

"The end of the universe. Let's have a look, then". The Doctor grabbed the med scanner from River.

"So, what's wrong with me?"

"Nothing. You're fine", River told her.

"Everything. You're dying", the Doctor said.

"Doctor!"

"Yes, you're right. If we lie to her, she'll get all better. Right. Amy, Amy, Amy. What's the matter with Amelia? Something's in her eye. What does that mean? Does it mean anything?"

"Doctor", Amy said.

"Busy".

"Scared".