Baby Fever

[Smut Warning]

[Camila's POV]

It was Christmas Eve when we decided to wait until after we were married to try for a baby. A week. We made it a whole week without changing our mind. Now, I'm sure most babies conceived on New Year's Eve are accidents, but for us it would've been a dream come true (although highly unlikely considering I still had my IUD in — remind me why I didn't want to do the standard birth control pill again?)

After deciding on Christmas Eve that we were going to wait for kids, the universe decided to start having some fun with our emotional and hormonal well-being. It seemed that every corner we turned, every elevator we stepped into, every restaurant we ate at and every store we shopped at: there were babies. Had there always been this many infants around? Had I just not noticed because I didn't feel the overwhelming urge to become a mother before now? Is this what baby fever is?

Shawn felt it, too — maybe even more than I did. Every time he would spot a baby in public he would let out a quiet gasp of both excitement and jealousy. Peak awkwardness and embarrassment was reached the moment he audibly said the words "let me put a baby inside of you" to me as a young couple and their child passed us in the grocery store — unfortunately, loud enough for them to hear. Luckily for them, their child was still too young to ask any questions about what Shawn had meant by that — but the moment was mortifying nonetheless.

On New Year's Eve, we both officially came to the agreement that we were tired of waiting until April. There's no time like the present, and we wanted a baby now. Besides, by the time our wedding came around I'd likely still be in my first trimester, meaning my bump would still be manageable and fairly easy to conceal. I called my doctor's office the next day and scheduled an appointment to get my IUD removed so we could officially begin baby-making. My doctor had told me that it was safe to start trying to conceive immediately, but that for most couples our age it would probably take 4-6 months before we would actually get pregnant, so we were both actually pretty relieved that we decided to get a head start instead of waiting until after the wedding.

Shawn, being the overachiever that he is, was determined to get me pregnant before the 4-6 months that it normally took after getting an IUD removed. I had only been home from returning from the doctor's office for about two hours and he was already spilling himself inside of me — not that I was ever one to complain. Our already extremely active sex life was on overdrive. The majority of our communication over the first 3 months of the year was through needy moans and blissed-out screams. Soon enough, March was ending and I still wasn't pregnant. Neither of us were too concerned, though. As my doctor had mentioned, most couples weren't able to get pregnant until 4-6 months after getting off of the birth control, some even closer to 8-10 months. So we kept trying, and enjoyed the baby-making process in the meantime.

——

[Shawn's POV]

It was a Thursday night and Camila and I were laying in bed—naked, sweaty, tired & completely and utterly in love with each other. Since she got off of her birth control, our nights pretty much always ended the same way, yet I never got bored with our new routine. Time has seemingly flown by, and now it was already the night before our last day of work before we both took time off for our wedding and honeymoon.

"You realize that tomorrow is our last day of work before the wedding, right? We have all next week off for last minute wedding prep, we get married next weekend, and then honeymoon. Seriously, where did the time go?" I rambled.

"I have no idea," she hummed against my chest. "We'll have to find a way to celebrate our last day tomorrow."

The sultry tone and wink she gave me as she spoke didn't go unnoticed by me, and apparently she didn't forget about her little promise the next morning, either. I nearly dropped my coffee mug when she walked out of the bedroom in the most deliciously form-fitting pencil skirt and silky blouse that was unbuttoned just enough for me to sneak a peek at her sexy lace bra at certain angles.