04 - Rise and Shine

Start from the beginning

Inside you didn't feel so confident. Rosie was warming up, dressed in a sporty white Adidas jacket and tight yoga pants which showed off her "assets". She looked like a sexy track and field star. Oh man, you thought, she's about to leave me in her dust.

 Oh man, you thought, she's about to leave me in her dust

(Just look at this creature tho 😍)

She seemed to appreciate your effort. "Aw (y/n) I know it's early for you. I'm just so happy you made the effort to be here with me. Which reminds me..."

You suddenly felt a pair of soft arms wrap around you and a warm body against yours. A flash of nervous energy erupted from your chest into every vein in your body. You were certainly awake now. You relaxed into the hug, smelling a faint scent of her sweet perfume.

You wanted it to last forever, but soon the moment was over and the warmth from her body gone. You had better get warmed up yourself.

You took off your track jacket where you had a tank top underneath, exposing the work you had done in the gym. Although you were 100% sure Rosie had better stamina, you did have one up on her in the muscle department. As you had hoped, it didn't go unnoticed. Rosie looked somewhat surprised, but in a good way.

"Oooohh, someone's showing off their big muscles" she teased playfully. "Do all the girls go crazy for that?"

"Hey, it is what it is" you shrugged, trying to play it off cool but probably looking like a total dork.

Rosie giggled at your response while she unzipped her jacket and tied up her hair. Somehow everything she did was hot.

That was until she clumsily squirted herself in the face with her water bottle

That was until she clumsily squirted herself in the face with her water bottle. Her cheeks flushed red.

"Rosie Posie did it again" she mumbled to herself. Now it was your turn to chuckle. Rosie Posie. Cute.

"Alright, you ready to crush the Han River Trail?"

"You know it!"

Thankfully she took it easy and didn't go too fast. It was nicer going slow, that way you could talk without wheezing and enjoy the trail, which was nice and went through parks and along the boardwalk overlooking the Han River.

 It was nicer going slow, that way you could talk without wheezing and enjoy the trail, which was nice and went through parks and along the boardwalk overlooking the Han River

Rosé POV

I hadn't enjoyed a run this much in ages. Usually I just put my headphones in and got it over with, but today I wished it would last longer. (Y/n) was really laid-back and chill, reminding me of my old friends in Australia. Our conversation flowed so effortlessly; we seemed to click naturally, something I felt very rarely when meeting a new person.

Here in Korea, everyone knew my face. Fans would scream that they loved me without even knowing me. And everyone else already had a preconceived idea of who I was, assuming I was some rich diva who only cared about designer clothes and Instagram followers. But that's not who I am; I got into kpop because I truly loved music (if only I could release any). However, 99% of people knew me only by the image YG gave me: Blackpink's Rosé. Sometimes I wished I could just be Roseanne Park.

That's why this unlikely friendship meant a lot to me

That's why this unlikely friendship meant a lot to me. (Y/n) was the 1% who wasn't here because of my fame or money. I could relax and be myself around them. To be honest, I wondered how after a month in Korea (y/n) could still be so completely oblivious. It was actually kind of cute. Whereas people in the kpop world were often shallow and vain, (y/n) seemed really nice and genuine. I wondered they had a nice voice as well.

As we neared the end of the trail, I was grateful I had met (y/n). It was so kind of them to make time for me; I made a mental note that I would make a big effort to see them around my busy schedule. This was a friendship worth the extra effort.

I suddenly felt guilty. How could I keep (y/n) in the dark like this - I was hiding a big secret, didn't they deserve to know the truth? Although I hadn't lied, I hadn't been completely honest either. I decided I would come clean, but I was nervous and didn't know how to drop this bombshell.

(Y/N) POV

"Whew, we made it! Good job Rosie!" You said as you reached the end of the trail. You double high-fived up top.

She smiled, "Han River Trail has been officially crushed". You both gulped down water, Rosie Posie being extra careful not to squirt herself again.

Suddenly her smile faltered, replaced by an awkward look. Here it was again, you thought. Friendly Rosie replaced by confusing Rosie. She stared awkwardly into the distance, as if Rosie.exe had stopped working.

exe had stopped working

"What's up?" You asked.

"I... uh... There's something you should know..." she said slowly.

"Have you heard of the girl group Blackpink?"