When I Met Him

It all started on a Saturday when we were working on our porch, we had to tear it down and rebuild it. If we didn't, we wouldn't have any insurance on our house. I was working with my mom and went to throw away some really old wood, and that's when I saw him. I didn't know what his name was and I've never seen him before, but I kept walking anyways. I was going to ask him what his name was when I got there. "Hey...um...what's your name? I haven't seen you here before." I asked. All he did was smile and run off, well that was weird. Oh, by the way, my name's Stacy, I'm 17 years old and have a little brother, he can be very annoying.

***
It was Monday morning at 7:00 o'clock when I woke up, and you know what that means.....school. I grabbed my clothes for the day, which was my favorite wolf shirt, somewhat baggy jeans, and my blue and white tennis shoes. I went to take a shower in the bathroom next to my closet, after I was dressed I put my hair into a ponytail, not a perfect one, but it kept my hair out of my eyes which, according to my mom, was one of my best features. My eyes were a hazel color, they went from a deep dark green to a light baby blue, but it depended on my mood. When I was happy, my eyes were that baby blue, when I was upset my eyes were a dark blue, and when I was mad they were a dark green.

In Mrs. Mako's first period class we had to review chemical bonds, but when everyone got to class, Mrs. Mako had an announcement "Class, this is Ratchet, he is our new student, would you like to introduce yourself Ratchet"

"Not really" he said.

"Ok then, you can take your seat next to Stacy in the back" she said sounding annoyed.

Oh my gosh, that was the guy I saw Saturday. Why out of all places did Mrs. Mako put him next to me?

"Hey, aren't you the guy I saw Saturday?" I asked.

"Yep, well now you know my name, hehe" he said hesitantly.

"Yeah, I guess" I said.

"Sorry for acting strange that day" he apologized.

"Oh, that's ok, you aren't nearly as strange as my brother" I said laughing, Ratchet laughed too.

***
It was recess and Ratchet followed me into the cafeteria, I got what I normally had, a grilled cheese sandwich and some salad. He got the same thing and followed me to my seat, which was at the far end of the cafeteria with nobody around. I was alone mainly because people thought I was an animal freak, yes I loved animals, but so do most people in my school, but what made me a freak was that I could talk to them and understand them very well.

"Why do you sit all alone over here?" Ratchet asked.

"I don't, you're here aren't you" I said.

"Ok, fine, why DID you sit here all alone" he said with a smile on his face.

"I'm an animal freak" I replied.

"How" he said.

"I can understand them" I said.

I took one look at him and I knew he didn't believe me, after about two minutes of silence he looked at me and said,"Wow, that's amazing, what am I thinking?" I turned my head and blushed,"I can only talk to animals, I don't read minds." I said

"Oh, right" Ratchet said, rubbing the back of his neck with a big grin on his face. I couldn't help but giggle.

***
I was on my way home from school when I heard rustling in the bushes behind me. I jumped, but when Ratchet came out from behind, I sighed with relief,"Oh it's just you, you scared me." I said.

"Sorry, but you forgot this..." he said. It was my backpack, how could I have forgotten it.

"Oh, thank you." I said, and ran up and hugged him. He hugged me back. I didn't want to stop hugging him for some reason, he was so...warm.

"I completely forgot about it, thanks again." I said.

"You're welcome Stacy." he replied, he let go of me and I suddenly felt cold again, but he didn't leave me, instead he walked me home.

***
"Bye Ratchet" I called from my doorstep.

"Bye" he called back.

When he left my sight, I felt lonely again. Why did I feel this way about him? Do I like him? Does he like me? All these questions are running through my mind so fast I am unable to answer them.

***
SO HOW DID YOU LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER. WAS IT GOOD??? PLEASE ANSWER ME IN THE COMMENTS ON HOW IT WAS.