But that's not the shocking part.

It's the girl attached to his arm that makes me- and everyone in the hallway- stop what they're doing to look at. She's tall, with long legs and a Victoria's Secret Model physique that I could only dream of, and her sleek blonde hair gleams as it hits the light, seeming to move with her as she walks.

"What the hell is Seraphina Ross doing at our high school?" Clair asks. I just shake my head.

Seraphina Ross is the elitist of the elite in Glendale- practically our very own celebrity. Her father owns one of the largest coal mining companies in Virginia, and her aunt is Amelia Ross, an actual famous actress. Like, in Hollywood. She's maybe the richest girl in all of Virginia.

But everyone knows that Seraphina goes to boarding school... the Ainsworth Academy in DC, one of the best prep schools in the country. It's two hours away and she only comes home in the summer.

So what the hell is she doing here?

As Seraphina walks down the hallway, her arm still around Jase Turner, I have to fight the urge to step out of the way, flatten myself against a locker and stay the hell out of her and Jase's path, but... they're both just people. And I was here first.

Seraphina stops in front of me when she gets here, raising an eyebrow, her tall stature making me shrink back. My eyes catch on Jase, who on the surface looks bored and unamused, but he flashes me a quick 'what the hell are you doing' look.

If only I knew.

As Seraphina steps past me, her grey-blue eyes glinting like hardened steel, I feel a sharp pain- the edge of her stiletto digging into my foot. My vision swims on instinct, but I don't cry out- just let Clair grab my arm and pull me closer to the locker. "What were you thinking?" she hisses. "That's Seraphina Ross! She's practically on a different planet than us- when she walks, you get out of the way."

"Yeah- yeah, I was... not really thinking," I say, turning back to Clair.

"Well, that's for sure," she mutters. "Come on, let's go to lunch. We need to work on our Trig assignment- and so do Belle and Nolan. You should just eat with us."

"Oh, I would, but... Noah wants me to sit with him," I lie. It's not that I don't want to eat with Clair and her friends, in fact I'm sure they're all really sweet, but new people? Not my thing. And besides, after Noah's been driving me to school, taking me on dates... the least I can do is sit with him.

"You are not better at arm wrestling than me, there's no way!" Charlie says from across the table, throwing a piece of popcorn at Noah. "Sienna, who do you think is better at arm wrestling? It's me, right?"

I laugh, leaning further into Noah as I pretend to take a long pause and think about it. "You know, I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to have to go with my boyfriend on this one."

"You're probably just biased because the two of you are bang-" Cam starts to say, before his girlfriend Imani elbows him in the chest. "God, is sex all you ever think about?" She asks, wrinkling her nose.

"I mean you seem to like it," he teases, twisting some of her curly hair around his fingers.

"Will you two get a fucking room?" Charlie laughs, pretending to shove them. "God. Y'all are making me feel like a 5th wheel with all this coupleness."

Everyone laughs and Imani starts talking about some party this weekend- a party that I'm surely not invited to- and so I start to tune out the conversation. At least until I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Chrissa there, a smirk on her face that makes me slightly scared. She's wearing combat boots and ripped mom jeans, her black tube top and flannel confusing me. That is not usually Chrissa's style at all.