July 10th

Jeremy

Me and Osiris were sitting on the patio at my house as I anxiously watched her open gifts from me. Her birthday was yesterday, but since she's not ready for me to meet her family, we didn't hang out. I got a total of three outfits, two pairs of shoes and some earrings. But, what if she didn't like it? It was hard to shop for her all by myself, but it was the only way to keep it a surprise.

"Jere, I love this. Thank you so much," she said with a huge smile after taking everything out of the bag.

"Of course, babygirl. I'm glad you like it. "

"I haaaate that you couldn't celebrate with us yesterday, honestly," she said with a pout.

I shook my head and waved it off. There was always next time, and I'm happy that I could avoid having an awkward interaction with her family if she didn't feel like it was a good idea yet.

"You know how I wanna celebrate," she asked with a sly smile.

"Tell me," I responded as I leaned in closer to her.

As she opened her mouth to respond, my mom came by and said she needed me to wash dishes right away so she could get started on dinner. I furrowed my eyebrows while trying to keep from showing my annoyance.

I told Osiris to wait for me while I went inside to talk with my mom. "Hey, I did dishes yesterday. And, I haven't used any today. Plus, I told everyone Osiris was gonna be here today. You didn't even acknowledge her; what the h*ll?"

"Excuse me?"

"I just don't understand why you're being so rude. It was her birthday yesterday. At the very least, you could make her feel welcome. She is dating your son after all," I replied.

"Dating? And when did this happen? I thought I told you I didn't like her."

"You didn't tell me anything. And even if you had, since when do I date based off of your preference?"

"How about you and your 'girlfriend' go hang out elsewhere, then," she responded with a smug look on her face.

I rolled my eyes and went outside to get Osiris.

"Is everything okay? I can leave if--"

"What do you mean? Everything is fine."

"Jere, you can't lie to me baby. First of all, you're clearly out of breath from arguing. Second of all, your face is so red right now."

"But I don't want you to leave. We can go chill somewhere else if you want, though."

"Sure. Ice cream sounds like the move right now."

"Yea, that does sound really good. Let's go."