The Bet

A/N: I tried writing a part 2 but it didn't work out, sorry.

The core four were all sitting in the student lounge, Archie and Jughead were sharing the couch and Betty and Veronica occupied the two armchairs.

The boys were zoned out on their phones, not paying any attention to their surroundings or their girlfriends. Veronica rolled her eyes. 

"So guys, Betty and I were wondering if you'd like to try a foursome sometime."

Betty’s eyes widened with alarm and Veronica winked at her.

"Whatever you want, baby," Archie responded, still not really listening. 

Veronica leaned over and whispered into Betty’s ear,

“Okay, so that didn’t work, you got any ideas?” Betty smiled. She, in fact, did have an idea, one that would almost definitely work. She nodded and mouthed, ‘Watch this.’

“Jughead?”

“Hmm?” he answered absentmindedly while drinking a soda, eyes still not looking up from his device.

“Veronica and I have decided we’re taking a vow of abstinence,” she said with a straight face. Veronica laughed internally, but nodded seriously, playing along.

At this, Jughead accidentally spat out a mouth full of soda all over Archie, who’s head had also whipped up when he heard Betty’s announcement.

“What?!” they exclaimed simultaneously. 

Betty and Veronica burst out laughing.

“You should have seen your faces!” Veronica choked out in between laughs.

“But you’re kidding,” Archie confirmed, “Right?”

Veronica nodded and the two boys returned to their electronics, not at all amused.

“Well, at least I’m kidding, I don’t know about Betty.” Betty giggled.

Jughead looked up and turned off his phone.

“Betts, can I have a word with you?” He asked. Then he got up and walked right out of the student lounge.

Betty’s face fell. Did she do something wrong? This was all in good fun. Veronica looked at her guiltily.

“I better go see what he wants,” Betty sighed. As she neared the door to the student lounge, she heard Archie ask, “Where did Betty and Jughead go?” and then, “Ouch! Ronnie, that hurt!” 

As soon as she was out the door, she felt someone clap their hand over her eyes, grab her wrist, and drag her across the hall. Her first instinct was to scream but she realized that whoever was grabbing her was too gentle to be anyone but Jughead and she relaxed.

When he removed his hand from her eyes, she looked around.

“Jug, what are you doing? Obviously I know it’s you, and this is the men’s room, I can’t be in here.” He ignored her and motioned her into the biggest stall. She rolled her eyes but followed him in. 

He locked the door and pushed her up against it, trapping her lips in a passionate kiss. She kissed back and whined when he pulled away.

“Vow of abstinence, huh?” He whispered in her ear. She pulled away from him.

“Is that what this about?” She laughed, “I’m not taking a vow of celibacy, Jug.”

“Good, that would be a shame, because if you were, I couldn’t do this.” 

He captured her lips once against and ground into her roughly. She felt weak in the knees. She began to slide down the door, but Jughead hoisted her back up again and held her in place as his hips pushed against hers repeatedly.

“J-jug,” she moaned, “We c-can’t do this in here.”

He bent his head towards her ear,

“Do you want me to stop?” he whispered. 

She should say yes. They really shouldn’t be doing this. Because it was a bathroom. Because it was the men’s room. Because it was at school. Because anyone could hear them. Because their friends were in the other room.

She shook her head no.

They shouldn’t, but she wanted to.

“That’s what I thought,” he smirked.

He ground against her harder and rougher than before. She moaned into Jughead’s shoulder in hopes that no one would hear them. Actually, she was really hoping that no one would come in here at all. 

“I bet you can’t last one week without my touch,” he said pulling away from her.

“I bet you can’t last one week without touching me,” she sassed back.

“We’ll see about that.” With that, he opened the stall door as if nothing had happened. Betty hurried out first, checking several times that the coast was clear before rushing back into the student lounge, smoothing out her hair as she went. When she got back to the group’s spot, Archie and Veronica were making out. When Veronica saw Betty, she pulled away and asked,

“Betty, is everything all right?”

“Yep, but the abstinence thing, it’s happening now, for real. One week.”

“Why?”

“To see who caves in first, of course,” Jughead chimed in from behind them.

“You wanna join us?” Betty asked Veronica.

“Absolutely not,” Archie answered for her, alarmed.

“Archie, it’s my body, I can do whatever I want with it,” she reminded him. Then she looked back up at Betty,

“But no, absolutely not.” Archie smiled.

“Anyway, what are the terms of this bet?”

“Well, it’s not a contract or anything,” Betty said.

“Alright, one week, no physical contact, whoever loses owes the other three weeks of milkshakes. Agreed?”

“No physical contact at all?” Betty asked. Sure, sex was great, but she was used to always holding his hand, or him draping his arm over her shoulders when they sat near each other. She was also used to him greeting her with a kiss, whenever he saw her.

“None.”

Jughead sighed,

“Fine.”

“Wonderful, this is going to be so fun.”

“Veronica, you’re not even part of this,” Betty rolled her eyes.

“I know, but sometimes you guys are too cute for your own good, if this bet is going to suspend your PDA for a week, I’m all for it.”

Jughead groaned.

“You guys are one to talk, eating each other’s faces every chance you get.”

“While that may be true, we’re not resolving to stay abstinent,” Archie grinned.

“Shake on it?” Jughead extended his hand to Betty.

She reached to shake it but then realized what he was doing.

“Ha. Funny,” she said, not sounding very amused.

“Worth a try,” he smirked, very amused.