"We were just coming." She said lightly.

"Okay... Ammi asked to tell the maids to bring tea and snacks." Safi told her, streching the 'okay'.

"You both go and join them. I'll make tea and bring everything." She said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Faris gave her a longing look but then went out with Safi, both of them discussing something about the stocks.

Muntaha kept staring at his back but then the maid startled her.

"Baji, mai chai bana du?"

"Huh-uh...no. I'll make the tea. Ap yeh snacks garam kr dain."

She started making her special masala chai and arranged everything on a tray.

(Madam, shall I make the tea?)

(You just reheat the snacks.)

●~●

"Everything is going great. Beta bara ho gaya hai ab. He's training to take over the business soon along his MBBS." Zayyad Khan was feeling very comfortable in this homey enviornment. He really liked the family and the background check satisfied him. Also, he was very pleased to personally meet Shehryar. He could see that despite being abroad for many years, he was close to his heritage.

Everyone was now sitting in the drawing room, discussing different topics. The family asked Shehryar alot of things and he politely answered them. Faris was also pleased to meet Shehryar after he came back from abroad. He had known him before through Safi but was only meeting him in person for the second time, the first time being at the party.

The chatter toned down a bit when Muntaha entered the drawing room carrying a tray of tea followed by two maids with trays of snacks.

"Ap yeh yahan rakh dain. Mai serve kr deti hun." Aqsa Zayyad was enchanted with the sweet little girl and the way she carried herself around. There was something about her that enthralled her.

(You can put these here. I'll serve.)

Muntaha placed the tray on the centre table and crouched beside it, pouring the tea in cups.

"What do you do, beta?" Zayyad Khan asked the girl. He really liked the way this little lady carried herself with elegance and she was so polite with everyone.

Safi beat her to it and replied," Bas dimaagh khati hai humara sara din." He received laughter from everyone and a glare from Muntaha.

(She just eats our brain all day.)

"I am in first year of MBBS, Uncle." She replied in a meek voice.

"Oh, great. Faris here is also doing MBBS. Thankyou." He gave her a smile and accepted the cup of tea she gave him.

"We go to the same university, Baba." Faris told his father. His eyes hadn't left her since she walked into the room and this didn't go unnoticed by his mother.

Muntaha was serving tea to her Chachu when she heard his deep voice and her hand trembled a bit.

Her uncle asked her to be a little careful and Faris smirked.

"Sugar?" She turned to her husband and asked.

"Nahi." He took the cup from her slightly trembling hands.

'Karwhi chai peete hain isi liye itne karwhe hain.' She thought with a 'hmph'.

(He takes bitter tea that is why he is so bitter.)

"Ap to meethi chai peete haina?" She turned to Abdullah with a sweet smile.

'What is wrong in drinking tea without sugar.' Faris thought when Muntaha said that like it is a crime to drink bitter tea.

"Jee. Bas ap ek ghoont le kr de dain." Abdullah said with the signature dimpled smile of 'Khan' family, him being the only member who carried it almost all the time.

(Do you atleast take sweet tea?)

(Yes. Just take a sip and give it to me.)

Muntaha stared at him with wide eyes, a little flustered with his open flirting. Abdullah recieved a slap on the head from Faris.

"Please don't mind him. He fell on his head when he was little. Just a teaspoon of sugar for both of us." Aiman said elbowing Abdullah in the side and giving Muntaha a sweet smile.

Muntaha laughed loudly at the pout and puppy eyes Abdullah was supporting and served everyone else some tea and snacks.

"These brownies are to die for." Abdullah moaned loudly interrupting the business talk going on.

"And these kebabs are really good. Your cook is very talented." Aqsa Zayyad said savouring the taste.

Muntaha, who came to sit beside Aiman after serving everyone, just smiled lightly with a blush tinting her cheeks.

"Actually, Muntaha made all this. She didn't come out of kitchen since lunch." Her Chachu praised his loving niece giving her a beaming smile making her more shy as all the attention went to her.

"Everything is very good, beta." Zayyad Khan also praised the little lady who he started to develope an impression of with the way she was holding conversation with everyone all the while tending to the guests.

"Thankyou." She said shyly.

Aqsa Zayyad gave her husband a look and he realised it is time to discuss what they actually came here for.

"I think we should the address the matter we came here for today." Zayyad Khan said gaining everyone's attention. Shehryar looked at Aiman for a second than back at Zayyad Khan.

"The thing is...." He paused, making Shehryar's stomach turn into a bundle of knots.

"We really like your son. And we would be glad if you make our princess your daughter-in-law." He said making everyone congratulate each other. Muntaha hugged the blushing to-be bride and went to the kitchen to bring sweets. The samdhi's hugged each other fed sweets to each other and the future bride and groom. Faris came towards his blushing sister and kissed her forhead hugging from the side. Muntaha who was standing beside Aiman felt something in her heart looking at the siblings. The night went through like this and came time for dinner. Mr. Zayyad proposed the idea of going out for dinner in celebration and everyone agreed.

Author's Note
A small chapter but I am getting regular.
Vote, share and comment.