"Shiro, we've arrived." Nat says as she pokes her head in, not looking at the screen "Coran told me to come get you before we go get supplies."

I look at her before smiling softly.

"Just be careful. Take what I said into consideration." Kolivan says before hanging up

He looks at me before motioning for me to follow him. I turn on my heel before following him.

"I vote we be cautious around her. She already had that one tracker that we were lucky Ryner was able to destroy without somebody getting hurt." He says "With her being a combination of the three races, I don't know what I would expect. I don't know if they told her anything that might make her switch again."

"Nat wouldn't hurt us. Even when she did work with Lotor, she would never hurt us." I say "But I'll keep an eye on her."

-~-

"They're afraid that she's going to switch on us last minute," I whisper

Shiro looks at me before he nods.

"I kind of figured as much." He says "She's done it once, what could assure them that she won't do it again."

I look out the landing to see Allura talking to Nat as they stand in the control room.

"You better say goodbye to her this time. I don't think any of us can handle any more of her hurting." Shiro says "And repair things, you two are always stronger together."

"We've both agreed that right now with everything going on that it would be best that we don't advance anything." I start "If I try to repair things, I don't think I can just stay friends with her."

I look up to see Nat watching us. She meets my eyes before giving me a soft smile, going back to the conversation with Allura.

"Keith, just because you guys don't want to advance doesn't mean anything. You guys need each other is your lives. You guys will always be stronger together." Shiro explains "You guys don't need to be more than friends to be in each other's lives."

I sigh before I look at Shiro, nodding slowly.

"We'll see how well these missions go with her new arm." I say "I'm going to say goodbye to the rest of the team."

I walk out of the hanger, heading towards the lounge where everyone is.

I walk to see them all playing a game.

Allura is the first to look up before nodding, pausing the game.

"You need something mullet?" Lance asks

"Lance, you should work on being nicer to your teammates," Nat says

I laugh softly before shaking my head.

"I'm heading out for a bit." I explain "The blade needs to do a few more things before we face Zarkon."

"You're actually telling us goodbye?" Lance says

"Nat's right. We're a team and I can't change that. You guys deserve to know when I am leaving." I defend

Pidge, Hunk, and Allura nod before looking at Lance and Nat.

"Keith, think we could talk?" Lance asks

I look at him before slowly starting to nod. I walk out towards the hall, leaning against the wall, looking at him as he watches the floor.

"You didn't tell her what our fight was really about?" I start "That could have been your chance to finally win..."

"I couldn't get myself to do that to you guys." He says "She really loves you. I don't want to be the one who gets in the middle of that. Shiro is right whenever he says that you two are stronger together."

I look at him, respectfully nodding.

"Lance, we've both agreed that we can't be more than friends right now. Not with me working with the blade." I start "We can't risk something happening and both of us lose our focus."

"We all understand that. I can't believe I'm saying this to Keith Kogane, the kid that I used to make fun of for constantly having Tashie stand up for him. The one that was always with the girl that I liked." Lance laughs "Don't be afraid to go after what you love. You might miss out on an amazing opportunity. Natasha is one of those things that you shouldn't give up as easy as you are making it."

I bite my lip before look at her through the open door, watching as she moves some of her hair out of her face before having to resituate so she can get her right arm a better angle of the game.

"I'm glad to know I'm leaving her in good hands until we face him." I start

"Keith, just take what we've all said into consideration." Lance says "But we all have her back when you're not here."

I hold my hand out towards Lance as I try to smile.

"Take care of her," I say

He looks at me before shaking my hand.

"Send her out for me?" I ask

"Don't have to." He says

I look over to see Nat walking over to where we were. Lance smiles before walking back towards his spot.

"Thought you would leave without telling your best friend goodbye?" She asks

"Still friend-zoning me?" I laugh

"We agreed on it." She laughs "We need to stay focused on our tasks and that's what's hard when we're in a relationship."

I laugh before rubbing the back of my neck.

"Walk with me to Red?" I ask

"Lead the way." She says

I smile before we start to walk in comfortable silence.

"What are you going to do while I'm gone?" I ask

"I don't know. Train, get better at the one-armed thing. I can't believe Shiro almost had to do this." She laughs

"Hey, you'll get the hang of it. You're already able to fight with your bayard again." I point out "You'll be back to where you were in no time as long as you train with the others, no solo missions for a while."

"Those are my thing though. You can't take those away from me too." She laughs

"What else have I taken from you?" I laugh

"Everything." She jokes

We reach Red's hanger before I look at her.

"Are we really sure we want to do this just friend thing?" I ask "We know how long that lasted the last few times we've tried this."

She rubs her shoulder, looking at the ground.

"I don't know Keith. When the other is hurt, that is all we tend to focus on. We can't risk that when we face Zarkon. Especially with the bond he has with Shiro's lion." She says

I look at her before grabbing her hand, making her look at me.

"I'm not usually like this but Shiro and Lance have both made some really valid points about how we are stronger together." I ramble

"Keith..." She starts "What are you saying?"

"I just don't think this just being friends will last very long..." I whisper "Is there actually a point in trying?"

"Keith, are you sure?" She asks

"Let's just play it by day?" I question "I know I'll be gone for a while so it gives you time to think about it."

I look at her before she nods, leaning over, placing a kiss to my cheek.

"Just come back to us Kogane." She whispers

"Always Shirogane." I laugh

She squeezes my hand before stepping back.

"Get out of here. Go do what you need to do." She laughs

I look at her one last time before she waves as I climb into the lion, getting ready to head towards the home base.