'Not at Kai, at me' he murmurs. I flick my head back to him and take a breath, careful not to dig myself a bigger hole. 

'I'm sorry for not telling you we were leaving' I cave in and just say what he wants to hear. There are bigger things at stake than my pride.

'Good, now was that so hard?' he scolds me again in a neutral tone. 

Before I was able to leave, Tyler comes through from Noah's office along with Dylan. Tyler's face holds annoyance or something similar but just like Reid would, Dylan had a huge smirk plastered across his face. 

Sometimes I think that Reid and Dylan act more like twins than him and Kai. 

Following Noah's nod, Liam comes out to join where we stood, so did Kai. Now all their tall frames towered over me. 

Their eyes all glanced at me before they spoke. Tyler's attention went to Noah as he was explaining. 'So we ran it through, you'll never guess whos contact was on it,' Tyler starts. Dylan quickly jumps in 'Very surprising actually' he sends me a grin. 

What are they on about? 

'Noah, is there something I should be updated about?' Liam interrupts. 'No, but maybe Sierra could shed some light on the subject' he responds shifting his attention once again to me. All my brothers and Liam stared down at me. 'What?' I mumbled out confused. 

Tyler sends a nod toward Noah as if he was confirming their suspicions. 

'Maybe you could start with why we found a burner in your room and found a call to the guy that gave you that' he seethed, his cold dark eyes melting my lighter ones away. Tyler picked up my wrist and revealed the faded bruise. 

How.In.The.World.Did.They.Find.Out. 

I felt Liam tense beside me, this was flung onto us both at the same time with no time to prepare. 

I have no idea how they found out, I hid that burner in the safest place and why the hell were they in my room?! That burner had one of the hardest encrypted software, how long have they known about it?

I panicked inside, desperately thinking of an excuse.

They all enjoyed having power and authority, especially Noah. This time, they weren't going to control me because they can't control everything. They can't control me. I may be younger but I'm smart and two can play their game. 

Once I built up enough courage to sound confident, I took a long breath and a final glance at Liam for reassurance. 

'Sure. After that, can you enlighten me on the Italian Mafia situation? But first, start with yours.' I said steady and confidently, ending it with an innocent smile. 

As I bore into Noah's eyes, I noticed his teeth gritting and fists clenching. Dylan's smirk faded into the oblivion, Tyler looked genuinely shocked, just frozen from my words and Kai stood beside me with a dumbfounded look but most of all, he appeared amused. 

Liam tried his best to mask his knowledge and replicated the same shock which made me giggle the slightest. 

Then at that moment, Noah made the smartest decision of the game. While we all stood silently confused. 

'Reid, just come back to the house, bring Mateo in one piece.' Noah simply placed his phone back in his pocket and returned his attention to me.

Noah knew that if he wanted me to talk, Mateo had to be okay.

For the first time, I held control. 

But all good things come to an end. How long will mine last? 

Hey guys! 

I really do apologise for such a late chapter, it won't be like this from now on so don't worry but with this quarantine situation, I just needed a personal break to feel at my best again, mentally. 

Thank you SO freaking much for all your support, your reads, votes, comments, follows and adding to reading lists literally make my day! You're all so wonderful!

I hope you like this chapter, another will be out in two days which I've already started (woo)

It's all coming together, I just wonder how it will all pan out...

Hope you're having an amazing day and staying safe!

Sidenote- in case it wasn't clear, this line (But first, start with yours.') - 'yours' refers to their Mafia (the American one) hehehehehehehe

Anna ❤️