Chapter twenty

Aaron's pov

Excitement. Tension. Pressure.
This is exactly what each and every game I've played felt like. I was currently in the hockey changing rooms with the rest of my team mates getting ready for the game which starts in half an hour. Before coming here I stopped at Sierras house to give her the jersey with my number on it. Once I got here half the seats were already filled up. We were going to be playing against our rivalry team, Midview ice hockey team, only one of the best teams in Ohio.

"Bro are you Ok? You have been quiet since you got here" Josh asked. I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face.
"Yeah... it's just my dad was
meant to be back today for Christmas break but his flight got delayed. I really wanted him to see me play" I confessed. I haven't seen my dad since school started because he was offered work in New York. It was too good for him to turn it down. He was offered to work in Grace Engineering PLLC, one of the biggest firms in New York.

"I'm sorry about that. If it makes you feel better my mom can't make it either." He said trying to make me feel better

"Guys we are going out onto the ice to warm up. You coming?" Justin asked.

"Yeah one second" I said. I grabbed my helmet and skates and walked out. Once we put on our skates we did a few rounds around the ice rink. We continued doing this for about ten minutes until coach called us in.

"Ok listen up! Tonight the spotlight is on all of you. All the hard work and practice will be on display today. I want you to put your all into this. I don't want 50% of 99%! What do I want? I want 100%. Nothing more and nothing less! Now bring it in" Coach said.

"1-2-3 LETS GO BULLDOGS" we screamed. We parted ways going into our positions on the ice. I looked out at the crowd to see if I could spot Sierra. After a few more seconds I saw her down near the front with Veronica and Steph and my mom next to her. She started waving at me with a huge smile on her face like a mom who is watching her kid play for the first time. I quickly waved back at her to let her know I saw her.

I stood in the middle of the ice with the opposite team's player in front of me. For some reason he looked extremely angry. Hopefully that doesn't become a problem during the game. The referee who was to my right held the puck in his hand. I gripped my stick tightly waiting for the moment the game was going to begin. The referee put his hand up and then threw the puck down. I was quick enough to hit it first giving my team an advantage. I could hear the loud roars of the crowd. I concentrated on getting the puck and trying to make a goal. I shouldered past one of the opposite teams player and passed it over Josh but each time we were close to scoring the other team would take over.

I skated across the ice getting closer towards the goals when suddenly out of nowhere the opposite teams player took my legs out causing me to fall with a loud bang on the ice.

"Ooooo" I could hear the crowd say

I grunted and picked myself up.

"What the fuck dude?" I asked
"Maybe next time you should be on higher alert" he smirked

I shook my head and walked away trying to be the responsible one. One thing that coach always said was that no matter what, you should always walk away from a fight, so I did.

"Fucking pussy" I heard him say under his breath

"What was that?" I asked raising my voice and turning around
"I said you are a Fucking pussy. What are you going to do about?" He asked with determination laced in his voice

That's it

I skated back over to him and tackled him to the ground. I heard the crowds excitement as they saw that a fight had broken out. The referee immediately broke us apart and told us if we fight again we will have to be benched for the rest of the game.

A few of my team mates skated over to me trying to figure out what happened.

"You good? What happened?" Justin asked
"Yeah it's whatever he's just being a dick" I said.

The game continued. Nobody had scored a goal yet and the game was nearly over. I skated over to the one of the players who had the puck and managed to get it off him. I kept my eye on the puck, concentrating to make this goal. I was getting close to the goal and made my shot.

Goal

The crowd cheered in happiness and I could hear them chanting my name. My team mates came over holding their sticks over the heads and congratulated me.

I looked over at Sierra who was smiling and jumping up and down with her friends. Damn she looked absolutely amazing with that jersey on. I shook my head as I focused my attention back onto the game.

I got passed the puck and was about to shoot when someone slammed into my side. My life flashed before my eyes. My body flew and slammed hard onto the the ice. My hockey stick went flying somewhere else and I heard it snap. I screamed in agony as I gripped my leg. I shut my eyes in pain.

"TIME OUT" I head the referee say

After that everything happened so fast and was a blur. Next thing I knew I was carried out of the ice rink and put into the back of an ambulance.

I could see my mom and Sierra running towards the ambulance frantically. They were about to step inside when a paramedic stopped them.

"I'm sorry but I can only have one person back here" the paramedic said "for safety reasons of course" she continued.

"It's ok Alice you can go with him I'll follow Veronica and Steph" Sierra said. I could see my mom nodding and hugging her. Sierra then peered over her shoulder to look at me. She looked over at the paramedic and then back at me.

"Ma'am you cant-" the paramedic started saying but was cut

"Just let me talk to my boyfriend for two seconds" Sierra snapped. I silently chuckled at her.
She walked over to me and gave me a small smile.

"I'll be with you in a while ok?" She asked trying to reassure me. I nodded giving her a weak smile. She then bent down and kissed my forehead and ran her soft hands over my curls before stepping out of the ambulance.

Authors note
Heyyyyyy lovelies. Hope you are all keeping safe and staying indoors. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter of Aaron's pov. Let me know your thoughts and what you think will happen next. The next chapter will be out on Friday so stay tuned.

Word count- 1216