Chapter one

Sierra's POV
Today was meant to be perfect. The start of senior year. The beginning of a new year, a do over. But I guess we can't always get what we want.

I woke to the sound of my alarm. My first alarm out of the many I made last night. This was a start as I usually never- I mean never get up on my first alarm but like I said today had to be perfect. I sat up straight with a smile on my face. I kept my curtains open last night as I wanted to wake up to sunshine and to the sound of birds chirping just like in the movies. I looked across my bedroom to see my outfit that I laid out last night. Since it was my first day I wanted to wear something different from my usual jumper and leggings but not too eye catching as I'm not very fond of attention. A black turtle neck long sleeve with a tight denim skirt which comes to my mid thigh, black tights and black ankle boots would be perfect for this.

My life seemed to be going the way I imagined and planned but what was to happen next was completely and utterly unexpected.

I pulled my duvet off my naturally tanned legs only to be bewildered with what I saw. Blood. Everywhere. All over my sheets. I was absolutely exasperated by this. I couldn't believe that of all days my period decided to show up now. It wasn't due for another week!
"This is so not happening. Not to me and
certainly not today"
I immediately rushed out of bed which wasn't a wise decision because My legs got tangled in my sheets!
"Ahhhhhhhh"I whelped as I fell to the ground with a thud

"Ughhhhhh" I groaned. It hasn't even been ten minutes and my so called 'perfect day' isn't going as planned.

" You know what? I'm not going to let this stop myself from having the best day ever. I mean everybody gets obstacles throughout life especially the day they want to everything to run so smoothly ." I told myself while getting up.

I quickly walled over to the bathroom and got myself cleaned up. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I was lucky and blessed with clear skin so I don't wear makeup only when I want to and today was one of those days. I did light yet simple makeup. I then proceeded to brushing my long brown hair and decided to let it fall in its natural state.
I walked out of the bathroom and paced down the stairs to the kitchen to see a plate with a note beside it.

Good morning sierra
I made your favourite. Have a good day at school and don't be late! Veronica is picking you up so be ready on time.
Love you, mum x

I smiled as I read the note. I completely forgot two things. 1) the fact that my mom had to work an early morning shift (she's a nurse) and 2) being the fact that my best friend Veronica was picking me up today. I looked at the plate to see it was toasted bagels with scrambled eggs. I quickly ate it and washed it down with some orange juice.

I grabbed my book bag and walked out the door and locked it. I waited on my porch for my ride seeing as it was a beautiful sunny day outside which really sets the mood. I scrolled through my instagram until I heard a loud honk causing me to jump. I looked up startled to see Veronica laughing hysterically at me. I rolled my eyes and climbed into
the passenger side.

" that's not funny I didn't even hear you drive in" I grumbled
" sorry sorry I just- your face- it was like- Omg I can't breathe" she said in between breaths.
I rolled my eyes at her. She started the car and began our drive to school.

At school
We arrived at school 15 minutes later and made our way inside to our lockers. During the summer we get our locker number and combinations and timetable before school starts. Me and Veronica lockers aren't beside each other but are close enough. We also have all our classes together except maths.

"I'm going to my locker to do my books see you in five minutes" she said walking off. I waved her off and walked over to my locker. After doing my books I went over to her to see she was just finishing up as well

"Where's Steph? I asked
"She should have been here by now. The bell is gonna ring" I commented
Steph is my other best friends name. We call her Steph but her name is actually Stephenine.

"I don't know she's usually here by- never mind there she is" Veronica said looking over my shoulder.
I turned around and sure enough Steph was strolling in as if she wasn't late already.

"I thought we agreed to meet at quarter to nine not-" I paused to look at the time on my phone
"2 minutes to!" I exclaimed
"Hey to you too" she said before walking over to her locker
"Oh right sorry hi" I laughed
"Woah you look different, but like good different. I would totally move to you if you weren't straight" she complimented

Forgot to mention but Steph is not straight. She came out to my friends and I about six months ago.

"Hahahahaha thanks I wanted today to be perfect and it had to start with a new outfit. Although I have to admit today didn't go off to great start" I said and proceeded to telling about how my morning was awful
"Awww poor you are you ok?" Veronica asked
"Yeah I'm ok now" I sighed
At that moment the bell decided to ring

"Shit what do we have first class"I asked with widened eyes looking down at my timetable

"We have English, AP Biology and math today" Veronica replied
"Let's go then" I said and slammed my locker shut

At lunch
"Ughhhh can this day be over already" Stephanie groaned while sitting down on the chair by the table
It was currently lunch time and
"Girl we have one more period and we can go home." I laughed while stuffing my face with chips.
"I know but still" she said
We talked for a while about how our class.

"Sooo anyone catching your eyes girls" Steph asked while wiggling her eyebrows
"There...might be someone" Veronica giggled
"Oh My God! Who tell us"We teased
"Ok fine but don't make it obvious"
We nodded our heads like two three year olds who promised to be quiet if they wanted candy.
She breathed out and turned her head in the direction of the jock table. "The guy with the brown hair with a black hoodie"
We immediately turned our faces towards their table
"I SAID BE DISCREET" she yelled-whispered
"Sorry I guess we got excited" I joked
She rolled her eyes back at us. "So what do you think"
"He's absolutely gorgeous. How does one even get a tan like his" Steph questioned
"I know right? That's what I was thinking" Veronica then looked at me
"What about you Sierra? Anybody you fancy?"
I immediately shook my head " I already told you guys. I'm not getting myself involved with boys this year. I don't want to get hurt again" I shrugged

Over the summer I went through the hardest breakup. My ex boyfriend and I were in a relationship for a year and a half. He was everything a girl would want in a guy except for one thing. He wasn't faithful. I caught him cheating with my old best friend at a party we were invited to. Perhaps it would have been more bearable if we weren't dating for so long and if my best friend wasn't such a bitch. Me and the girls don't talk to her anymore. We simply just pass each other as if we were strangers.

They looked at me apologetically. Veronica was about to say something when the bell rang.

"Great I have math. I'll see you both after school at our lockers, right?" I asked
"Yeah see you later Sierra" they replied and we parted ways

AUTHORS NOTE
AHHHHHHHH. The first chapter is up. Full disclaimer:IM NOT A WRITER. This is for my own enjoyment and something to do in my free time.
I will try to update once a week as I am a student in secondary school.
Let me know what you think. I'm open to Criticism.

Word count-1455