Chapter fifty-nine

3 months later
"Who knew sushi could be so...amazing" I laughed sitting back in my chair. Aaron and I were currently at a restaurant downtown for dinner. Today was his last day in New Jersey before he moved to Canada for college. His flight wasn't for another few hours so It was his moms idea for us to go out.

"I can't believe it took me leaving the country for you to finally try sushi!" He said unbelievably shaking his head in disbelief.

I was about to say something but his phone rang. He checked the caller ID. "My mom" he mouthed. I nodded and took a sip of my orange juice.

"Hey mom" he said. He listened to whatever she was saying and sighed before nodding. "Ok we are coming" he ended the call and took out his wallet from his pocket. "She said we should start coming back because she needs to get gas for her car before we head to the airport" he explained.

"Okay" I simply said. Everytime he brings up the airport or just leaving I always get sad because it makes the whole situation feel more real. He left the money on the table and we made our way to his car.

20 minutes later we were parked in his garage. We walked inside and the first thing we saw were all his bags by the door. My bags were also there because I've been staying with him for the last couple of weeks to make the most out of time with him.

"Mom we are back" he called out and shut the door behind me.

"Finally, We leave in fifteen minutes. Okay?" She asked from the kitchen. An idea popped into my head and ran up the stairs.

"Hey what are you doing?!" I heard Aaron laugh from behind me. I flung open his room door and jumped into his bed. I laid on my back and looked towards the door. "What are you doing?" He asked again.

"One last cuddle session?" I pouted and held me arms out like a baby

"You don't have to tell me twice" he laid on me with his head on my chest. My arms immediately went around his neck as I held him close.

"I'm really going to miss this" I whispered. My fingers raked through his brown curly hair. "Promise you won't forget about me"

"I could never" he said

————————-
In the car

I watched as the buildings zoomed past us through the window. The only thing on my mind was the fact that Aaron would be leaving and I had no idea when he would come back or if he would come. His mom was on a phone call with one of her friends.

"You ok?" He asked

"Yeah just a little sad that's all" I said forcing a smile.  "Remember you have to-"

"Text you when I get on the plane, when I get off the plane and when I get to my college accommodation" he laughed "don't worry there's no way I can forget. I mean you did set alarms in my phone to remind me"

"Exactly so no excuses unless you get kidnapped or something" I joked but then my heart dropped at the thought. "Wait what if you-"

"Ok babe stop. I can take care of myself plus have you seen these muscles" he flexed lifting up the sleeve of his T-shirt.

"You shouldn't have worn a T-shirt, it's meant to be cold over there" I mumbled

"We're here!" His mom called out as she pulled into a parking space.

"No crying ok?" Aaron warned. I simple nodded in agreement.

Aaron got out of the car first followed by his mom and they both got his luggage out of the trunk. I hesitantly opened the car door and went to help them but my heart wasn't in it. I wanted nothing more than for him to say he doesn't want to go anymore but it's too late for that now.