more or less

"Hey—hey!" Someone is calling to you from the sidewalk across, waving. You look up from where you'd been dazedly dragging Yeontan across the concrete streets. Tan perks at the stranger's yelling, and—upon noticing the man jogging this way—his tail begins wagging in fast, excitable motions.

The man's hair is bleached platinum blonde, pulled back with a black LV beanie. His glasses are boxy with thick frames, accentuating the the charming oval slope of his chin. You don't recognise him at first glance. It's only when he has crossed the zebra walk—glancing discreetly over his shoulder and all around before turning to grin expectantly at you—do you realise who it is.

"Hey!" You exclaim, surprised. "Wow... hey. Um, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

Park Jimin laughs. He gestures over his shoulder at the Seoul skyscrapers that climb into the billowy clouds behind you.

"Running a special errand for Slow Rabbit. It's top secret. The company actually doesn't know I'm here—as far as they know, I'm back there with the others. Hell, those idiots probably don't know I'm gone either."

"What about Taehyung?"

"Ah, Taehyungie? Recording," Jimin scratches his nose, face glowing with a friendly squint. "The new single. It was just completed, like, two days ago. See, we're doing another English collab—"

"Wait—whoa, whoa, whoa!" You protest before he can blather another word. You gawk at him, eyes wide. "Are you trying to spoil it for me?"

He freezes. Then, bursts into an abundance of quiet laughs. Shoulders shaking, adjusting his glasses. He folds his arms snuggly across his unzipped black hoodie.

"Ahh, okay, okay, okay. Gotcha," he peers sternly ahead, thin eyes wide with intensity. "I'll use all the strength I have in me to keep my mouth shut. I can do it. And I will!"

You laugh with him, flustered.

Yeontan has wagged his way up to Jimin, fluttering in figures of eights around us. Now, he barks high-pitched orders and Jimin finally imparts his long-overdue attention. The idol crouches down. He massages Tannie's ears, mussing his fur, playing warmly with him for a few minutes. Park Jimin's face is a constant beam of light.

When he stands again, Yeontan dispersing gaily to the sidewalk, Jimin jerks his chin forward in a charming gesture, "Come on. I'll walk with you guys for a bit. Hey—give me some dirt on Taehyung, will you? Anything. Tell me, does he still do that nasty thing with his..."

The two of you walk about two blocks, until you must split ways. But not before Jimin rambles a whole James Bond monologue, announcing brazenly that he would "have to kill you now", unless you swore on your life you had no recollection of this day. Officially, you never saw him.

But what kind of wife keeps news of top secret missions from her husband?

That night, crawling into bed with Tae, you recall your amusing encounter with Jimin. Taehyung is surprised. You know this despite his best efforts to conceal it from plain sight. He laughs delightedly. Smiles an increasingly broad smile at you, while demanding curiously what the hell the two of you had to talk about, anyway.