test

Sometimes, Taehyung asks you to take the train to the company building: if he was in a good mood and felt like buying you barbecue.

The first time was three months after the wedding.

•••

The members had worn suits: khaki, black, charcoal grey, champagne, all uniquely matched to the famous personalities of six men you did not know. These men were loved by the whole wide world. You remember the one called Jin, and his blunt remarks about the wedding aesthetics which sparked genuine laughs from you—not courteous fake ones. Min Yoongi didn't talk much at all. But he had very kind, serious eyes that laughed when RM dropped his slice of cake before it reached his plate, and frowned when Taehyung dragged him to the wedding photo booth, carrying a terrifying unicorn hat. The maknae—Jungkookie—was more shy than you expected. He massaged Tae's shoulders while the gang chattered. Commented vaguely and awkwardly on things to you, halfway hiding behind his brothers.

The event was really very wild and overwhelming. Press everywhere. Family and friends of all shapes and colours to cater to. You didn't get the chance to speak to the members for longer than twenty minutes.

•••

Your unprecedented visit to Big Hit one day caught everyone off-guard. The staff were a species of their own: some were very friendly, whose faces you remembered from the big white day. Others you instantly knew disapproved of your presence, despite their only mild discouragement to Tae's face. The way their eyes followed you down the enormous polished hallways reminded you of your school days, and the stares of skeletal teachers.

The members were curious, interest piqued in their raised eyes and shy but friendly greetings.

"Ohh, hi!" they said.

"Hey!"

"Whoa, is that for us?" Jungkook, staring at the plastic bags of barbecued beef strips. He grinned into clasped hands. "Thank you!"

"Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa," Taehyung drawled coyly, startling you on your right. He slung his arm coolly across your shoulders and peered at his members like they were irrelevant to us. "Obviously, they're for me. She got them for me. Didn't you, baby?"

They cursed him and laughed.

"Alright, fine then. You eat them," remarked Yoongi.

"Enjoy! Good luck!" exclaimed Jimin, with the flamboyant dismissal of his hands. Tae poked his tongue out. "Don't come looking for our help when throw it all bloody up."

"That doesn't even make any sense!" scolded Jin. And the room burst into a scuffle of laughter.

Without their dazzling blazers, perfectly coiffed hair and makeup, they were almost unrecognisable. They all dressed comfy in old hoodies, sweatpants, t-shirts. Most wore masks. You liked Namjoon—who laughed warmly behind horn-rimmed frames, blue hair uncouth—for his innate patience which you had a feeling had taken care of Taehyung for years. Hobi too (as everyone called him). He sported a Hawaiian shirt, khaki pants and a cherry red beanie. He wasn't nearly as energetic and bubbly as he had seemed on your wedding day. You guessed this was how he truly was: kind, friendly and 100% human. But the one who stood out the most to you was Park Jimin.

Jimin was nosier, bolder than the others in your presence. It was as if he had simply decided he would be close to you. He stared openly at you, eyes sparkling the way ARMYs loved in him. He told you again and again in a hyper-annoying manner that he'd heard so much about you, he only saw photos of you on Tae's phone, but oh—you were beautiful in every microscopic detail Taehyung had described you. Every time he made such a comment, he whirled around to find Tae's eyes across the room, cracked up, waiting for a reaction. Taehyung only shrugged and smirked askance.

Jimin was Taehyung's best friend. So you were definitely anxious that day about meeting him. You wondered if you would like him or not. You wondered if he would like you.

But Jimin surprised you, because you liked him very much. That evening, sitting on the lounge couch in the BTS common room—Jimin's jumpity shoulder knocking yours as the two of you exchanged ugly pictures of Tae—you realised your husband was safe, surrounded by people so kind, so lovable, so loyal. And you were relieved.

Later that night, you were pleased to tell Tae that his family had your stamp of approval. He simply laughed.