05

- JUNGKOOK POV -

- JUNGKOOK POV -

"Who was Ji-Ah?" She softly whispers and I feel my heart skip a beat. Did she just say what I think she just said?

How does she know about her? I slowly pull away from her, not far, just enough to see her whole face.

My eyes lock with hers and I form a weak smile. I exhale a shaky breath as she takes my face in her hand, caressing my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of-" she begins. "No no, it's okay," I reassure her making her sigh.

"Was she Jaes'-"

"Mother, yes," I complete her sentence.

"I'm sorry," she apologises again and I just pull her close again and kiss her nose.

"It was a long time ago, I've moved on and I'm-" I'm cut off as several angry knocks are heard on the front door.

My eyebrows furrow, not expecting anyone at this time. I stood up and start walking to the door, not expecting to open it and see Misun on the other side.

"What is she doing here?" Is the first thing she asks, pointing and glaring and y/n. "No Misun, what are you doing here? You left my four year old son alone in a cafe and slapped y/n."

"She's-"

"What? Lying? Don't give me that bullshit!"

"It was an accident, I got distracted," she says.

"Well that 'accident' could've caused Jae his life," I growl. "You're not welcome here anymore," I snap, closing the door on her, but she puts her foot in the way. "Kookie-" she begins. "Don't call me that," I say through gritted teeth. "Jungkook please, I'm sorry," she whines. "Go away Misun, I don't want you anywhere near here, my son, y/n or me."

And with that said, I slam the door in her face and exhale deeply, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

Soon, little footsteps are heard coming around the corner and Jaekuk appears dressed in his bunny onesie. "Daddy, what was that noise?" He asks, looking up at me with big eyes.

"Nothing Jae, don't worry," I tell him as I walk back over to y/n. "Oh, banana milk lady is still here?!" He exclaims. "Jae, for the last time her name is y/n," I say a little too harshly.

Jaekuk pouts and looks as if he's upset from my tone. "Come here Jae," y/n says, welcoming him with open arms. He's hesitant but eventually he jumps on the sofa, snuggling into her arms. My eyes soon soften at the sight of my son with her and I lean down to peck him on the forehead.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" I whisper, trying not to wake Jaekuk who has fallen asleep in her arms. "No, tomorrow's my day off," she replies. "Do you... do you think you could look after Jae for me whilst I'm at work? He doesn't have school tomorrow and I don't want him near Misun anymore," I ask her.

"Of course, I'd love to," she smiles, looking down at the little bunny in her arms. "Thank you y/n, I really appreciate it," I say before placing my lips on hers. The two of us decide to call it a night and I take Jae to bed before walking her out, kissing her goodbye quickly.

- Y/N POV -

The next morning I wake up early, knowing that Jungkook had to be at work before nine so I needed to be at his house before then.

I shower and put on a cute outfit, completely different to the black shirt and trousers I wear to work, and put on some light makeup before heading out.

DiNg DoNg

The door opens to a smiling Jungkook. He was all dressed up in his black suit and tie, looking very professional and handsome for his job. His hair was slightly wavy, almost covering his eyes.

"Hi y/n, come in," he smiles as he opens the door wider and steps aside so I can enter. "You look really nice," he blushes, clearly admiring me. "You don't look so bad yourself," I smile.

"Y/n you're here!" Jaekuk exclaims as he runs towards me. I place my hands under his arms and lift him up. "Anyway, I must go but I'll text you when I'm on my way back," he says before kissing my cheek and head out the door.

"So, what do you want to do? Do you want to stay here or go out somewhere?" I ask him. "I don't mind," he shrugs. "Well what did you and Misun always do?"

"We always just stayed here. Except yesterday when I kept talking about you so we went to see you," he shrugs but then forms a smile. "She never took you out anywhere? Not even to the beach or the park or out for ice cream?" I ask in disbelief. He shakes his head.

"Well then, let's go out!" I smile and Jaekuks' face lights up as he hugs me. I put him down and help him put on his shoes before grabbing the spare door key Jungkook left and head out.

I hold Jaes tiny hand in my own, walking at a slowish pace so he didn't get tired. We arrived at the park and noticed an ice cream van was parked nearby. We walk over and I pick him up so he could see all the different flavours.

Eventually he chose a flavour he wanted, banana obviously, and the man prepared it for him and covered it in sprinkles. His brown doe eyes light up as he handed it to him as I paid the man before heading towards a park bench. I watch him get the ice cream all over his face, but at least he was happy and was enjoying it.

Once he'd finished we played at a small park and both me and Jaekuk were having a wild time. He had a constant smile on his face and I was constantly looking at him in awe.

This kid really does deserve the world and all the happiness. Jaekuks' little giggles is music to my ears as I gently push him on the swing. I then chase him around the park, spin him on the round about and go down the slide together.

After a few hours we arrive back at Jungkook's house with very little energy left. On the walk home, Jaekuk was getting tired so I carried him most of the way and he ended up falling asleep in my arms. I gently place him down on his bed and tuck him in, placing a kiss on his forehead.

Walking back to the living room, I sit down about to put the tv on, but then then house phone starts ringing.

I debate whether to answer the call or not since it isn't my house and if it was someone he knew, it might be awkward. Soon enough it stopped ringing and you sighed in relief. But then it rung again, thinking it was important, I answered.

"Hello?" "Hello, is Mr Jeon in?" A man spoke.

"Not at the moment, may I ask who's speaking so I can pass on a message?"

"It's the landlord so when you see him, tell him he has until the end of the week to pay the two months rent he owes, or I'm kicking him out."