・●*Same School・●*

"And that class is how the Civil War officially started!" Mr. Matthews finishes his boring lesson just as the bell rings.

I grab my history textbook and zoom out of the class like I usually do. Heading toward my locker I quickly avoid Missy, Taylor, and Clara. They are the meanest and prettiest girls in our high school and they always end up bothering with me.

"Hey Maya ready to go eat lunch?" Riley asks as I put my book away and grab my money.

"Yup. Let's go before we run into the brats," I say and she nods in agreement.

We walk into the lunchroom to find Farkle getting picked on by Billy again.
I sigh and walk up to Billy and tap his shoulder.

"Hey why don't you just leave him alone?" I demand and cross my arms as Billy turns to look at me.

"Oh look who it is, Mrs. Worthless trying to help her little friend," Billy smirks.

"Billy stop!" Riley tries to help.

Just as I am about to say something Lucas walks up to Billy and raises an eyebrow.

"Hey man what is going on?" Lucas asks.

"Just showing these dweebs not to mess with me," Billy says pridefully.

Oh I am going to knock that guy right off of his cloud of pride!

"Well why don't you just leave them alone?" Lucas says and gives him a threatening look.

"Excuse me? What did I do wrong?" Billy throws his hands up in surrender.

"What you have always been doing to us!" I yell and everyone now is watching us as if nothing before now has happened.

"Clam down blonde," he retorts and as I am about to pounce on him Riley grabs my arm.

Dang it! I should've known by now that she knows what I will do just by my expression. I look at her and she gives me a warning look.

"How about we all stop and go back to eating lunch?" Lucas suggests and I nod.

"Fine! Oh, and by the way Lucas forget about hanging with us," Billy laughs and walks away.

And just like that everyone goes back to chatting and eating their lunches.

"Uh sorry about that," I say and Riley nods.

"It's fine..Is he always like that?" Lucas replies and asks.

"Yup. Every day all day," Riley says and I sigh.

Just as we stop talking Farkle comes up to us.

"Hey thanks guys for helping me out!" Farkle puts his hand over his heart and acts like he just had a heart attack.

Riley and I giggle, then we all sit at our normal table and invite Lucas to sit with us.

"How has your first day been so far, Lucas?" Riley asks.

"It has been great and thanks for asking!" He smiles at us.

"That's awesome cowboy! Let me guess after the day is over you go to your little barn and ride your horses!" I sarcastically say and roll my eyes.

"Exactly ma'am," he winks at me.

"Hey as I said earlier, watch it!" I give him a warning tone and point my finger at him.

"Oh am I bothering you? I certainly wouldn't want to ma'am," Lucas smirks and wiggles my finger.

Ooh this boy! Argh!

Just as I am about to say a smart elicit
remark back, the bell rings and everyone gets up to leave. He got lucky this time!

"This isn't over!" I smirk and he laughs.

"Oh bring it on!" Lucas smirks back and I give an agitated sigh.

I grab my bag and look around to see that Riley and Farkle are already gone.
Why did they leave without me? I hurry to the doors, but just as I am about o leave I turn around to see Lucas right behind me.

"Bring it on," I whisper so he can barely hear.

This is going to be good....

-----

Hey guys so this is my new story that I wanted to try! Sorry if it sucks so far but please stick with me! Love yall