⇔Friendship⇔

"Friendship! Even the name sounds nice. It is about hanging out, shopping together,playing video games,and likening the same things right?" Mr. Matthews starts our class and we all nod to his question.

"Wrong!" He answers.

"Friendship is about being there for your friend no matter what and getting to know them for who they really are not for who they aren't," He walks around and looks at all of us.

"Cut to the chase Matthews," I groan and he smiles.

"Maya, why is he doing that?" Riley whispers and I shrug.

This makes Mr. Matthews smile even more.

"Sir you are scaring us!" Farkle says with wide eyes.

Surprisingly his smile grows bigger. Oh no.

"I haven't seen a smile like that since I was in Texas," Lucas adds and I turn around.

"Let me guess! When you went to all your hoedowns," I say in a country accent.

"Sure thing ma'am,"He winks and I roll my eyes.

"I will get to you!" I yell aggravated.

Turning back I see Mr. Matthews calming down, so he can talk. Once he has re checked himself he clears his throat and acts like the mature adult he is.

(Note the sarcasm)

"For your new project you will be put with someone in this class and have to get to know them for who they are. See what you have in common and what is different! Then you will have to tell the class what you learned about friendship and about your partner! All due in a week," He explains and the whole class groans this time.

"When do we find out who our partner is?" Brandon asks.

"Right now!" Mr. Matthews says.

Right away Riley and I look at each other and nod.

"No and no! Sorry guys, but you have to pick a partner you actually don't know as well," He looks at us.

I roll my eyes and Riley instantly looks at Lucas. Wow thanks...

"NO COMPLETELY NO! You know what? I am picking partners," He nods and sighs.

"Missy and Brandon, Leah and Zack, Billy and Kelly, Sarah and Matt, Luke and Grace, Riley and Farkle, and Maya and Lucas," Mr. Matthews tells us our partners.

"WHY HIM!" I stand up and glare at Lucas.

"YEAH!" Riley protest too.

"Sit. Deal with it!" Mr. Matthews smiles in satisfaction.

I turn around and Lucas smirks.

"Well ma'am want to come to my house?" He asks.

"Yes! Please! I- I mean sure whatever cowboy," I try to play it off cool.

"Uh how about after school today?" Lucas gives me a confused look.

I nod and we continue with class.

-----AT LUCAS' HOUSE-----

"So what's your favorite color?" Lucas' asks as I hum.

Currently we are sitting in Lucas' room trying to get to know the basic stuff about each other. What surprises me is that his room isn't what I thought it would be. He has famous baseball players posters and basketball posters. Also he has a light green room with wooden furniture. A wooden bed, desk, dresser, and two nightstands are in his room. Barely anything about horses or square dancing..hmm

"Oh uhm Periwinkle," I answer and smile to myself.

"Why Periwinkle?" He asks and rises an eyebrow.

"I think it's my turn to ask you a question, not you Ranger Rick," I smirk and try to get him to forget what he asked.

"Okay fine. Wait Ranger Rick," he laughs and I smile.

"Yup! Now my turn! What's your favorite color?" I ask Lucas.

"Pale green is my favorite," Lucas smiles and I write it down.

"How about your family?" I ask another question.

"Isn't it my turn?" He smirks and I shake my head.

"Nope! Now answer my question!" I smile innocently.

"Well I have a momma, a father, and I little sister," Lucas answers and I feel my heart break.

"What about you?"

I have half a mother and a wicked step father.

"Uhm Yea-yeah I have a mother and a father," I stretch the truth.

For a second he looks at me doubtfully, but shakes it off. Phew!

"Tell me about yourself," Lucas smiles.

Oh no..

"Uhm well I am Maya Hart and I was born and raised in New York and I am okay," I say trying to not give anything away.

"Maya who are you?" He asks and I give him a look.

"What?" I question slowly.

"You put on this tough girl act and say that you are always fine when you aren't don't you?" He states and his face shows concern.

"Wha-what are you talking about?" I say with shock written on my face.

Before he can answer his door swings open to reveal a little girl who sort of looks like Lucas. She has two pigtails that holds her light brown hair and soft green eyes. Also she is wearing an overall dress with a light blue shirt and cowgirl boots.

"Lukey your home!" She smiles brightly and runs over to hug him.

"Hey Sab, what are you doing?" Lucas hugs back.

She gets out of his arms and smiles.

"Just playing dress up want to play?" She giggles as he messes with her pigtails.

"I can't right now maybe later," he shakes his head.

She turns towards me and her smiles grows.

"Hi I am Sabrina who are you?" She holds out a hand to shake.

"Hi Sabrina, I am Maya," I shake it and laugh.

"Are you Lukey's girlfriend?" She whispers.

"Oh no we are just friends!" I shake my head and my eyes widen.

"Awh too bad!" She pouts and I smile.

"So you wanna play dress up with me!" She giggles and I look over at Lucas and he shrugs.

"Sure and Lucas would love to too!" I laugh and he glares at me.

"Let's go!" She says and pulls both of us to her room.

When we get there all I see is clothes everywhere. Her room is pink and blue and has horses posters all along the walls.

"Come on let's start!" She smiles holding up huge dresses.

This is going to be good...

--------

Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter! How is everyone? Guess what I also have an ear infection lol...anywho so what do yall think about friendship? Also what did u think about Maya and Lucas? Can anyone imagine Lucas in a dress...oh gosh!

Don't forget to..

COMMENT

AND

VOTE

Love yall