"I'm pretty sure we keep walking. It should be one of these," I said, waving my finger at the restaurants around us. 

"Oui, it's that one," a deep voice interrupted. I turned to see Elliot pointing across the street. I don't know why, but I was shocked to hear his voice. It was as though my brain thought he couldn't speak. Then I realized it was the first time he'd spoken since I'd arrived. 

"Oh yes finally!" Linette sighed, rushing towards the entrance. We followed after her, eager to eat after almost 7 hours. My nose caught a whiff of cologne as I passed Elliot, who held the door open for us. My mind went into overdrive. I mumbled a thank you, feeling my mind react in odd ways. 'What the heck is wrong with you? 'I scolded myself.  

"Bonjour, table pour 6?" I asked the waitress politely. 

"Is outside ok?" she asked, walking towards the main dining area. 

"Oui," I replied after looking to everyone for confirmation. We followed her to a beautiful deck with lights string up along the walls. The lights gave off a yellow glow that made gave a very ambient vibe. She gave us a table for 6 against the wall. I sat in the corner on the left of Yann and across from Linette. Saskia sat beside her and then Mathieu. Across from him was Elliot. 

"Ok first things first," Saskia chirped after we finished ordering. "Indroductions. My name is Saskia Petrokas and I'm from Santorini, Greece. I'm 17 years old. My birthday is November 17. I love shopping, dresses, and travelling."

"Oh wait my turn?" Mathieu asked, pointing to himself. "Oh, well... I'm Mathieu. I'm 18. My birthday is January 12. I was born in Rouen but I moved here when I was 5. I love music, art, and gaming. And I'm heading towards an arts major."

"Oh arts? That's cool," I said, nodding my head. 

"Do I have to go," Elliot mumbled. 

"Yes," Saskia said.  "Or else you become the rabat-joie (party-pooper)," she huffed, crossing her arms and leaning back. Her eyes had a challenging glint as if to say "I dare you to defy my rules"

"Fine. I'm Elliot Hernandez. I'm 19. My birthday is March 19. I love photography, travel, and music. I was born and raised here in Paris. I took a gap year after lycée. I'm hoping to get accepted into film school in August."

Saskia wiggled her eyebrows at me as he said he loved photography and travel. 

"I'm Yann. I'm 18. My birthday is December 24. I love music, specifically EDM. I have an obsession with cars. And my life goal is to resurrect Vine. I was born in Marseilles but I moved here when I was 11. Aaand I want to go into architecture as my major."

"Um, I'm Isla. I was born in San Francisco. My birthday is March 19. I love photography as well and anything to do with cameras. I have an unhealthy obsession with travel, and I love being spontaneous and taking risks. I'm starting my gap year but I don't want to go to film school. I want to major in Global studies."

"I'm Linette. I was born in Sicily and then I moved to Venice. I love art as well. I love animals too. I want to be a veterinarian or a bioligist. Oh and I was born on April 2." her head snapped to me as I snickered. I always cracked this joke when she said her birthday.

"Just a day early and you would've been a joke," I blurted, referring to April fools day on April 1st. I put my head down, feeling embarrassed that I had to say that but I couldn't help myself. Seconds later, the table burst into laughter, even Linette. 

"I'm sorry! I had to!" I laughed as Yann gave me a high-five. 

"Anway, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," she gave me a pointed look. "My dad owns a pizzeria back in Italy. And if I do say so myself, I make the best pizzas," she grinned, leaning back in her chair. 

"Yesss! Linette's pizza is amazing," Saskia agreed. We laughed and chatted, getting to know each other well. Soon, it was almost 9. 

"We should get going," I said after we'd paid and calculated who much to split the bill by.  I had an app that easily let me split and send money and kept track of who I owe'd. "Everyone took their stuff? nothing left?" I asked. 

"Yann's brain," Saskia snickered, making everyone laugh. 

"Meanie," Yann pouted, stomping ahead of us like a child. I sighed in content, a soft smile on my face as we walked through the empty streets of Paris. I was happy, Linette was happy, Saskia was happy. I turned around walking backwards to look at Mathieu and Yann. They were happy. One person was left.  I continued walking backwards, looking  for that one person. Although I was searching for his happiness, he had already seen mine. My eyes warm brown eyes crashed with Elliot's cold grayish blue ones. I wondered if he was happpy. And so, I sent him a smile. I nearly stumbled in shock as he sent one of his own back. It was a small one. But I saw it. I surpressed my grin and turned back around. 

"Ay Isla! What's so funny?" Saskia shouted from up ahead, her laugh bouncing off the walls of the Haussmann Buildings. 

"Your lack of common sense," I shouted back, not looking up from counting the cracks in the sidewalk. I knew that it didn't make sense in the context, but at least Yann laughed. Finally, we came up to the steps of the house. My first day back in Paris was coming to an end. And boy. what a day it'd been.