Chapter 24 | Potato!

Recap ~
Shivaay's bride.

Somehow Anika wasn't able to believe what her boss said. Chucking her random thoughts, she settled herself near the pool working on the wedding orders when she suddenly heard someone clearing throat from behind and it turned out to be her boss.

"Shivaay?!" Anika casually called out to him and he told her sternly, "Sir would be better."
"Yes sir." She said waiting for him to talk.
"Look you are in a misunderstanding..." He wanted to continue further but she stopped him, "Yes I was in a misunderstanding but not anymore. You should accept the fact that I'm your girlfriend and you cannot change it, Shivaay!"

"What about your boyfriend then?!" Shivaay asked catching hold of her. He didn't receive an answer from her, she remained silent.
"Answer me." He commanded this time when she said back chuckling, "He is in the process of regaining his lost memory back!"

"This isn't funny at all Anika." Shivaay stated sounding rude, "You have moved on, I have moved on. Now what's your problem!? Look you know I'm committed to someone, why are trying to create chaos in my life?! I will throw how much ever money you want but listen carefully I need this marriage to happen at any cost!"

A loud sound echoed in the room for a minute or two followed by Shivaay placing his palm on his cheek.
"You completely lost your mind! Listen to me carefully, I know there is a reason you are doing all this. Just by talking rubbish, you can't do anything, okay!? I was foolish not to understand this before but now, you better tell me what's happening before it's too late." Anika warned.

Not receiving any answer from him, she left from there not before saying, "Did you really move on Shivaay?!"
Taking a pause, "And don't you worry I will not spoil the ShiTia's wedding!"

___

P

ost this encounter of theirs, Shivaay didn't have the courage to look at Anika. She was angry, not because he rambled, but because he was hiding something from her. She finally made up her mind to figure out the reason behind all the mess, there was enough hide and seek played till now.

"Billu, help Anika decide the food menu for the wedding day." Dadi told and he instantly said back without any second thoughts, "She decided it six years back itself Dadi! Everything made of potato." He chuckled.

*****

"My cousin is getting married!" Anika jumped in excitement.
"Convey our wishes Anu!" Her gang exclaimed equally happy.

"Everything is set. I'm just praying God to help them decide a good food menu!" Anika told and Shivaay smacked his forehead.
"Okay foodie can we go to the library now?!" He asked when Anika proudly said, "Yes, I'm a foodie but I'm proud of it. By the way, I want everything to be made of potato!" She finished dreamily.

"Potato?! Everything?!" the others rolled out laughing.
"You better prepare your minds. You guys should eat potato based food menu for my marriage!" Anika smirked while the rest made faces imagining weird dishes with potato.

*****

"Shivaay, I will stand on my decision! Do you also want to get the same menu for your marriage? No right! Then just come and help me." Anika snapped, glaring at him to which he nodded getting intimidated by the thought of potato sweet, potato juice and other weird dishes.

"Billu, Anika you both know each other well before?" Dadi asked much surprised. There was an awkward silence. How can they be so stupid and blurt out without thinking of the consequences. Then came their savior, Sid.

"Nani, we were talking about food one day and Anika revealed her wish for potato based food menu! That's how Shivaay knows." Sid covered up while Dadi was still not convinced. Soon to their relief, she left from there as she got a call from her friend.

"Thanks Sid!" They chorused.
"Anything for my Anu!" Sid said happily when he suddenly felt Shivaay shooting daggers at him.
"Aww thanks Sid!" Anika said side hugging him.

"Shivaay, meet me in the study. We need to discuss about the menu else you will get potato sweet, and juice only!" She said and left without hearing his answer.
"Wait did she read my mind voice?" Shivaay wondered.

In approximately forty five minutes, Shivaay joined Anika who was busy trying to figure out the menu.

"Finally you came! Okay now tell me Tia's favorite dishes." Anika asked him as he settled right opposite to her in a couch.
"I have my preferences as well. Let me tell mine first!" He said when she stopped him, "Don't waste my time. I'm done with your preferences. I don't know Tia's." She said and he instantly locked his eyes with hers.

"Can we continue?!" Anika asked breaking his thoughts.
"My to-be wife loves potato. Add dishes accordingly, not potato sweet and juice though!" He said rolling his eyes.

She chuckled hearing him but suddenly realized something, "Wait, she likes potato as well?!"
"There wouldn't be any person who doesn't like potato." Shivaay said stuttering a little. She nodded and was writing down something in her book when Tia came in.

"Food menu?! Let me have a look!" saying she snatched the book from Anika and sat next to Shivaay. In minutes, she threw the book away and asked, "Anika who told you to add potato based dishes?! Do you want me to die? Was this on purpose?"
"Sorry I didn't get you Tia?!" Anika asked back confused thinking what went wrong.

"I'm allergic to potato!" Tia screamed, "Didn't you tell her Shivaay baby?!"

Shivaay fell blank, Anika fell silent.

_______________________________________

How was the chapter?! ;) Comments would be much appreciated, inline would be great. ❤

Manya