As he did so, the three women reached the double doors. Maggie slowly undid the chains that held them shut, the doors creaking open as the three cautiously made their way outside. Murphy's boot kicked something hard in the mud as they stepped through the doorway, and she looked down to find her knife stuck in the soft earth. She'd dropped it the night before She picked it up, wiping away what mud she could, holding it up in preparation for what was outdoors. But, the trio was utterly surprised at what they saw.

Overturned trees were strewn across the field, surrounding the small barn that stood in the center of the destruction. The mangled bodies of walkers were lost in the wreckage, some still reaching toward their prey with strangled growls. Murphy walked slowly into the open area, astounded by what she saw.

"Look at this," She heard Sasha whisper. "It's almost... a miracle."

"I don't believe in miracles anymore," Murphy muttered, driving her knife into a nearby walker's skull. She pulled it out with difficulty, blood splashing her boots.

Sasha watched as she did so, and continued, "It should have torn us apart."

Maggie pushed some branches away as she climbed through the foliage, "It didn't."

Murphy followed the two women as Maggie led them to an unknown location. But as they reached the spot, Murphy was in awe of the beautiful scene she saw before her. When they exited the forest, a sprawling field lay just before them, and a gorgeous sunset lit the sky. It shone bright with hues of red and purple, and it reminded Murphy of the beauty that still prevailed in the land of the dead. The sky was untouched, its routines unaffected by the end of the world. It mocked the three in its beauty as they took a seat on a nearby log.

Murphy sheathed her knife and clasped her hands in her lap. She sat between Sasha and Maggie in silence. They marveled at the wondrous view before Sasha asked, "Why are we here?"

It took a moment for Maggie to respond, "For this."

Murphy's eyes began to water, although she had no clue as to why. Maybe it was the sunset. Maybe it was to two women she sat beside who had just lost so much, one of them whose pain she blamed upon herself. She hadn't spoken to Sasha since Tyreese's death. She didn't know what to say. She broke her gaze from the melted skies to land on her fidgeting hands.

"I see it," Sasha spoke lowly, pausing before continuing. "Noah, that kid, he said he didn't know if he can make it... That's how I feel."

Murphy pushed down the ache in her heart at those words. She turned to Sasha as Maggie whispered, "You're gonna make it. The three of us, we will. That's the hard part."

Memories flashed through Murphy's mind as she raised a hand to wipe a tear that glided down her cheek. Her voice shook as she spoke softly, "You two are so much stronger than you realize."

Maggie looked at her, reaching over to grab her hand in hers. She gave it a soft squeeze as she responded, "I know you've been through more than you let on."

Murphy gave her a sad smile, and her eyes reflected the truth in those words. She sniffed and continued, "I just... I can't. Not yet."

She felt Sasha's hand on her shoulder, "And that's okay. You'll know when you're ready."

Murphy sent her a close-lipped smile, and the women sat there for a moment longer... so content with each others' company. With everything they had lost, they needed one another more than ever. This conversation meant something different to each of them, but it meant something nonetheless. They needed it. After a minute, Maggie slipped her hand from Murphy's to reach down and pick up the pastel music box she had set on the ground.