six

Far from the population and the urban, there was a hidden location with an unknown area in the shadows of New York. There were men working non-stop, moving and transporting merchandise and weapons that were something that had been seen in battle years before. Remains and mechanical leftovers.

But their leader seemed not to be well. The wound on his shoulder was small but deep and he didn't stop bleeding until after a long time of attention.

"What the hell was that thing? Boss? Whatever it was, the fanged thing damaged the wings and the sensors.

"It wasn't a thing, idiot. It was a flesh and blood human."

Nikolas was like a brittle glass that now could break at any moment without knowing that he was on a radar of people who would be hot on his heels after his little show the night before. But he only cared about living a normal life as Peter had advised.

"It can't happen again, not in the position you're in now."

"So I was thinking maybe you guys need a guy on the chair. We could put together a team, and I'd be the mediator." Ned commented holding Peter's knees. "You know what? We can be the spider trinity!"

"Ned, we don't need ...."

Peter paused noticing that on the other side of the gym Nikolas was trying to climb a rope, Flash stopped next to him pretending to be friendly when his intentions were to humiliate him as he told him to "watch and learn" while he climbed first. Not before mockingly telling him that maybe he should try something else. Nikolas turned to the stands to take a drink of water as he clenched his fists.

"Well maybe...---but none of the arachnid trinity!"

"Someone here has a crush on Spider-Man. How sad, imagine he's like 30 years old under all that suit." Said one of them.

His hearing was sharp enough to hear the conversation in the stands; Liz was sitting in the middle. Apparently Nikolas realized that Peter had also heard since he looked at Ned as if he couldn't believe it, his eyebrows slightly raised and that smile, the same smile he had every time he talked about her.