five

"OUCH! Be more careful, please?"

Nikolas and Peter returned to the apartment, Peter insisting that he should stay long enough for the effects to wear off. Nikolas's lips and all his facial features were still pale and scarred. Even so, he did not stop complaining about the smell and pain caused by the alcohol swab.

"Maybe if you stopped moving it would hurt less, you know?" Peter passed a rag with water over his face, cleaning the dried blood, that disturbed him and he hoped that he knew how to hide it well. "The blood...---

"It's not mine, I think I hurt someone Peter." Nikolas met his eyes for the first time since they arrived. "I--I remember feeling overwhelmed in my thoughts and then blacking out. There are blurry moments but there was someone there and I hurt him.

"You have to work and take care of it Nikolas, it can't happen again, not in the position you're in now."

Nikolas got up to see himself in Peter's mirror, his natural color returning to him. He looked at Peter's room, messy, something that suited his personality. A picture on his desk where he was accompanied by his colleagues holding a trophy.

"Math competition last year." Peter said behind him.

"Math competition?" Nikolas turned to see him approaching and noticing the mark on his cheek, 3 perfect lines. "I did that?

"It's nothing, it'll heal! Just give it a few minutes, I'll tell May that I tripped over something." Peter put his hand on his bruised cheek and he kept talking when Nikolas took the kit. "Seriously Nick, it's nothing.

"Did you just call me Nick?"

He immediately felt embarrassed.

"Short from Nikolas, can i call you that?" Nikolas only responded beginning to heal his cheek which burned from the contact. "You really don't have to.

"But I want to and I will." A challenging tone made Peter sigh in surrender. "Tell me about Liz, she seems to be important to you. Tony told me that I needed to be like the people around me but I don't know how to do it.

"You mean being in love?"

An awkward silence appreciate in the room but Peter's words whirled in Nikolas's mind, he made a grin before he could answer until the sound of the keys disconcerted the two boys. May had arrived and Peter was still wearing the suit, he quickly got up and started taking it off while Nikolas put the kit away not knowing why Peter reacted that way but he just copied his hasty movements.

"AUNT MAY HELLO!"

She opened the door finding the unusual situation. Nikolas was sitting on the corner of the bed with his knees tight together, his fingers squeezing his leg, his other hand holding the bed frame.

 Peter was standing half naked.

"Hello?" She said with a confused smile, trying to sound friendly though her eyes kept wandering between the boys, she pointed between them with her finger. "You must be friends with Peter? Good friends? He never told me about you.

"Ah--yes, Peter and I are friends. Good friends I don't know but we talk. I almost eat his face."

"Oh."

"WHAT HE MEANS---" Peter interrupted giving Nikolas a look saying; stop talking now. "It's just that when we met we almost ripped our faces off with emotion! You know, dodgeball at school.

"Ok." May rubbed her finger without the confusion disappearing from her face. "It's already late, are you going to have a sleepover or something? I can prepare some dinner although I didn't expect a third guest but that won't be a problem.

"Sounds like fun." Nikolas smiled.

"And you... put on some clothes."

She closed the door but in a couple of seconds she opened it again.

"We better leave this open."

"She is kind," Nikolas said after that awkward moment as Peter got dressed. "It would be better if I let them know that I will spend the night here.

"Right! I forgot to call Happy." Peter brought his phone to his ear.

(24/12/22) HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONEEEE