Brother?

[DEMI'S POV]

I smiled at Rachel as the dogs ran around and chased the items she threw. She was smiling when Rex came back and dropped the rope in her lap, covered in his drool. She patted his large head and threw it again. I laughed lightly when she cringed at her now slimy hand.

"Hold on Rach." I told the curly haired girl.

She nodded and looked back at the dogs. I walked into my kitchen and grabbed a few paper towels before walking back. I crouched next to Rachel and held my hand out.

"Can I see your hands please?"

She nodded and handed me her hands. I wiped them clean and placed the napkins next to me. I sat down comfortably and watched as Rachel played with the dogs. The TV was still playing but I wasn't planing on watching it anymore. Cinderella ran over to us and jumped on Rachel's lap and attacked her face with lips and sniffs. She never really did that to other people but she did seem to like her. Rachel squealed as her face was covered in dog saliva. All of a sudden we heard a deep, loud bark making us all jump.

'Jealous much.' I thought.

"Come on Rex." Rachel said and patted the space next to us.

Rex walked over and sat next to his owner. Cinderella rolled onto her back for some reason. Rachel rubbed the dogs tummy making her leg bounce lightly. Rex whined at her and nudged her shoulder. She smiled at her dog and placed her hand on his snout. 

"Demi?"

"Yes babe?"

"Can we go outside please?"

"Sure but only for a little bit because we need to get you some clothes."

"But I have clothes."

"Well, you need some more clothes so you don't have to wear the same thing everyday."

"Oh ok."

I stood up and took Cinderella off of her then helped her stand. The little girl wobbled a little but I held her tight so she wouldn't fall. I whistled for Batman and he took his ball into his mouth before he came running to me. We slowly walked to the back door and I opened it before helping Rachel to the porch steps. I sat next to her and looked at Batman who's tail was wagging. I grabbed the ball from his mouth making him growl playfully. 

"You wan' it? You wan' it? Go get it!" I to him.

He started to chase the ball with Cinderella tailing but Rex didn't move. 

"Doesn't Rex want to play?" I asked.

"He won't unless you tell him to." She told me.

"Here, why don't you throw this one so he can play too." I said to the short girl.

"Okay." She agreed.

I gave her the small ball and let her throw it. 

"Go get it." She told him.

The dog chased after the small tennis ball before running back over to us. He dropped the ball then waited patiently at her feet.  Rachel repeated the process for a little while before I realized we had to go. 

"Hay Rach, we have to get going." I told her.

"Okay." She said.

I Picked her up from the floor then walked back inside. I brought Batman and Ella to one of the rooms down stairs before getting our shoes on. I wasn't sure if I could bring Rex to the mall because I don't think he is a service animal. 

"Rachel, baby, I don't think Rex can come with us."

"Why not?"

"Because he is a big dog and I don't know if he is allowed to go."

"But he has to stay with me."

Tears slipped out from under her glasses. I took them off and wiped her eyes.

"Aw baby I know you want him but he can't."

"Can I get my bag?"

"Yeah, I'll go get it."

I sat her on a chair by the door then went to get the backpack. I came back to see Rachel holding her glasses. 

"Here you go."

She started to rummage through the bag and pulled out a piece of paper. She gave it to me and I unfolded it. It was a licence for a guard dog but it had someone's name on it.

"Who's Mateo?" I questioned

"My brother." She stated.

"Rachel you have a brother?" I asked to make sure.

"Yes, he said I have to keep Rex with me at all time because he keeps me safe." She told me.

"How old is he?" I asked the brunette.

"He is twenty five." She said.

"Do you know where he is?" I asked.

"He is in a building with a fence around it and they make him wear chains." The little girl said.

'Her brother was in jail?' I thought. 

"Okay, Rex can come but he has to wear the lease okay?" I told her.

"Okay Demi." She responded.

I put the leash on Rex the put Rachel's glasses on. 

"Keep these on, we'll get you some stuff so you don't have to wear them." I said to the little girl.

She nodded. I picked her up along with the bag, dog, and my keys. I made my way to the car and buckled her in, Rex got in beside her. I smiled at the two before getting in the drivers seat. 

"Shit, I need to call Max first." I mumbled.

"Demi." Rachel called.

"Oh sorry Rachel, I didn't mean to swear." I put my hand over my mouth.

"It's okay Demi." She reasured.

I nodded then called my bodyguard to meet us at the mall. Once that was done, I started to make our way to the mall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the late post, things have been pretty hectic plus my wattpad hasn't been working too good. Is that happening to anyone else or is it just my terrible internet? Anyways I'm gonna try and post again before my wattpad stops working again. Love ya!

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed! Hope you have a nice day/night!