Hold Me

[RACHEL'S POV]

I sat on Dianna's lap as she talked to me.

"I love your glasses Dove." She said as she me.

"Dove?" I asked the older woman.

"It's a nickname. It is like calling someone pure." She clarified.

"Oh, if you give me a nickname then does that mean that I get to give you one too?" I questioned to which she giggled.

"Yes I guess so." She said.

I thought for a bit but when I couldn't think of anything I asked her questions.

"What are you good at?"

"I'm good at making little girls laugh. Watch." She said then made a funny face making me laugh.

I looked over her shoulder and saw Demi. I smiled at her and reached over to her tentatively. She smiled at me and took me from her Mamá.

She walked over to her seat and sat down with me on her lap and Rex at her feet. We held this position for a few seconds before Batman walked over to us and scratched at the chair. Demi picked him up and sat him next to me. I started to pet but I heard Demi mumble trader so I stopped and lied my head on her chest. She kissed my head making me smile and started to rock back and forth. I don't understand why she wanted me to stay awake but then she started to put me to sleep. After a little bit, she put me in another chair. I didn't really like it but I kept my mouth shut not wanting to get in trouble. 

A lady with a white towel around her waist walked to our table along with the man Demi calls 'Dad'

"Are you ready to order?" She asked and Demi spoke up.

"Can we just do drinks 'cause my dad and I just got back." Demi asked nicely.

"Of course, what would you like?"

"Can I have a Sprite please." Dallas asked. 

"Yes you can."

"A coke please." Maddie said.

"Yes ma'am."

"Just a water will be fine thank you." Dianna stated

"uh huh."

"Coffee would be nice." Demi's dad asked

"Yes sir."

"Can I have one too please?" Demi ordered.

"M'kay, and you sweetheart?" She asked pointing to me.

I looked at Demi out confusion. She looked at her menu and said,

"She can have an apple juice." She said

"Great choice, i'll be right out with your drinks." The lady replied.

"Do you like apple juice?" Demi asked me.

"What's that?" I questioned while tilting my head.

"You don't know what apple juice is?" Maddie asked astonished then Dallas hit the back of her head making me flinch a little.

I just shook my head looking at Demi for an answer. Rex licked my dangling leg making me wiggle it because it tickled. Demi opened her mouth to answer but she was interrupted.

"It's the juice of an apple that people drink, it's really good." Demi's dad said with a small smile and soft eyes.

I looked down and nodded so that he knew I heard him.

"It's okay, he's really nice." Demi whispered in my ear.

I looked up at him and whispered a 'thank you' but did not look him in the eye, afraid of seeing the eyes of the people who hurt me. 

"Your welcome, Rachel." He said.

"Good job baby girl." Demi praised quietly while rubbing my back.

"Cam you hold me?" I asked hesitantly.

When she didn't answer I prepared myself to be hit but I only felt a soft pair of arms wrap around me and pulled my into their lap. In that was the moment I knew I would always be safe with Demi. I couldn't help but let a few stray tears leave my eyes out of happiness. 

"Thank you Demi." I whimpered out.

"Your welcome my love." She said and kissed me as she rocked me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I liiiiiiiiiive! So tell me what mortal needs my protection, Great Ancestor. You just say the word an- oh sorry, I just woke up from a hundred year nap and started to write this really bad chapter that is what I had to say. Love Y'all!)

Thank you for reading! Have a wonderful day/night!