A Good Momma

[Demi's POV]

I watched Momma with amazement. Rachel had such a hard time trusting people and yet here she was, sound asleep in my mother's arms. 

"She is just too tired to fight with the sleep." Momma said.

"What?" I questioned.

"I know what your thinking baby, you are wondering why she slept so easily aren't you?" She said making me nod.

"Well she is tired and who doesn't like to be craddled and rocked to sleep by a mother figure, you could do it too." She told me.

"Do you think I'm gonna do a good job?" I asked fearfully.

"Demi, no one can be a good mother." She said.

"But that doesn't make any sense." Maddie said.

"She means no one can be a good mother because they all make mistakes no matter how much experience they have." Dallas told our younger sister.

"Oh, so that means no one can be a good mother?" Maddie asked.

"Well not exactly, a mother can set her child up some but no mother alive can be a good mother because their kid has to be a few things." Momma told her.

"Safe, happy, and ready." She continued.

"Ready for what?" I asked.

"For life without their mother." She told us.

"But how can someone be ready to live without their momma?" Maddie asked clearly confused.

"Their child has to know how to move on and live without their mother because that is always the hardest part of growing up." She said.

"....Huh?" 

"Let's put it this way, A baby bird has to learn to fall before learning to fly and a child has to learn to cope with their heart break before they can love again." She said.

"So parents are basically getting to kid ready for when they die?!" Maddie said incredulously.

"Yeah pretty much." Dad said.

"Wow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it is so short but don't worry they will get longer again I am just really sick.

 Hope enjoyed! Have a healthy day/night