The exam

[Demi's POV]
It broke my heart to be the one who had to tell her that her mom had died but it hurt even more that she was so fragile and almost broken. I felt so useless to know there was nothing I could do to change it.

While we were hugging lyrics started to pop into my head but I knew this wasn't the time to write lyrics so I just kept hugging her.

I was the one to break the hug.

"Stay her I am going to go and get get doctor, okay?" I spoke quietly because if I talked any louder I was sure I was going to cry.

I left the room and went to the bathroom to change out of the body suit because it was heavy and uncomfortable. When I looked in the mirror however, I could see all the cuts on my back and shoulder.

'How could someone hurt another person like this?' Is what I thought but I couldn't help but wonder how bad the Rachel's were.

At the sight I found myself getting furious so before I left I took several deep breaths.

I found the doctor at the front desk talking with the recepoonest so I cleared my thought and started to talk.

"Um, excuse me do you mind coming over to the little girl, Rachel's, room?"

"Of course, but she has spoken to you?" Is what he said.

"Yes but only a little bit then she started to write the answers to my questions." I said a little proud that I got her to talk.

When we got to the room I told the man to wait outside of the room until I call him in. He nodded the I knocked lightly on the door before I poked my head though the door.

"Hi sweetheart can I come in?" I said to make it clear that I was coming into the room.

She just nodded then patted Rex's butt once to make him relax and sit down.

After I made my way to the bed I sat on the edge of the bed and gave her a warm smile.

"Okay the doctor is right outside the door and he will come in when you re ready, okay?" I said it in a calm tone not wanting her to freak out.

She started to write on the paper then handed it to my.

' He can come in.' Is what it said.

I smiled then went to go and get the doctor.

"Hello there like I said before I am Dr. Alexander and I am here to help you feel better. " he said in child friendly tone.

I could tell the Rachel was uncomfortable and so could Rex because he moved from at her side to in between her and the doctor. I took Rex's place at her side and rubbed her arm for comfort. It made me sad the she tensed up but when she looked at me she relaxed.

The doctor started to check her body and when he touched her she immediately tensed up and started to shake so I grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze. She relaxed but once he had to open the back of her gown she started to freak out.

I looked into her eyes and saw pure terror and she started to shake fiercely. So I told him to stop and I pulled her into a hug and grabbed onto Rex's harness because he was now growling and bearing his teeth. Rex finally realized that Rachel was having a panic attack and started to comfort her in my arms.

After a while she started to calm down so I gave her a choice.

"Rachel we have to look at your owies okay? So I am going to give you a choice" " I could open your gown or the doctor can do it but I will hold you and watch him. Which one would you like?" I said and ended it with a soft smile.

She started to write on the paper before she gave it to me.

'Can you do it please?' She asked and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Of course I can." I said in a calming voice with a small smile.

She turned around and I started to take off her gown and what I saw made me want to cry.

[Rachel's POV]
While Demi was opening my gown I heard a small gasp and I started to get scared. So I called Rex infront of me instead of beside me and hugged him. All of a sudden silent tears started to fall as I barried my small face into his soft grey fur. Then I felt arms wrap around me making me jump as a whimper fell from my mouth but when I saw that it was Demi I soon melted into her arms.

She whispered something into my ear but I couldn't tell what she said because I was now hysterically crying crying. After a while she said that we had to continue the exam and she tried to let go but I wouldn't let go so we stayed like that while the doctor shook his head and continued to write in his clipboard.

When he was done he asked Demi to walk outside with him.

"Okay, Rachel I will be right back, okay?" She said because I wasn't letting go. I just nodded and looked down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG I HAVE A LOT OF SCHOOL WORK AND I ALSO HAD BAD WRITERS BLOCK.
Thanks for reading hope you have a happy day/night.