"Bye-bye abeg, driver suppose come pick me."

"I need the full gist ok, you will tell me the reaction of your boss, his friends, you will tell me how many people whistled when you pass, you-"

I narrowed my eyes, cutting her short. "Yes, mummy."

"And you will tell me-"

"Monica bye-bye, I promise to give you the full gist, I cross my heart," I said crossing my heart.

She hung up and I moved to complete my dress up. I wore my shoes, put my lipstick, powder, my handkerchief, and very importantly my vexing money in my sliver purse.

***

I stood outside the multi-story building staring at the white gate as luxurious cars drove into the building.

I walked in and came to a stop. The number of people walking into the hall made me feel concerned.

This was meant to be a dinner for only five companies right?

I walked behind a lady in a very tight pink gown with ribbon at the edge, I twisted my nose at her choice of dressing but smiled recalling how worst I would've have looked in a suit. I surveyed my environment despite being here with Kunle for meetings.

At the entrance of the building was a red carpet that flowed straight in, beside the packed entrance we're securities on black and cameramen who took pictures of those willing to strike poses.

I walked into the hall meant for the dinner and felt an urgent need to knee before the event planner. The walls were covered with gold curtains, that tallied with the white covers of each chair surrounding tables decorated with flowers and nameplates for each guest. The stage had a band playing a slow beat that made me searched my brain seeking the name of the smooth jam.

Everyone was well dressed, including a heavily pregnant woman who walked past me in a shiny black gown with her hair cut low.

Thank God I didn't wear that suit, I thought, imagining myself on a suit in the adorned hall. I stood with my purse in front of me when I felt a hand around my waist.

I turned ready to give the God-forsaken individual a hot slap but stopped halfway with my hand raised when I discovered it was Chris.

"Jesus, was that meant for me?" He asked, joining his hand with mine in a high five.

"It was meant for the idiot placing his hands on my waist." I sighed, relieved from seeing a familiar face.

He skimmed my body and held my eyes with lust lingering in his pupil as he stretched his hands. "You look very beautiful."

"You look good too." He didn't just look good, but hot in his black suit and inner vest that was fully buttoned.

"No baby, you look very beautiful,"  He whispered, guiding me through the hall.

"And I think every guy here can't help but notice it, just like I do." I met his seductive gaze and felt chills ran down my spine.

"Haha, you are not serious," I shook my head and smiled, making light of his seduction.

He frowned and fixed his hands in his pocket as we stood beside a pillar. "I'm serious, look around."

I turned and caught the eyes of both the old and young each stealing glances at me.

My eyes came in contact with Kunle at the opposite side of the hall, his glass of wine danced in his hands as he held my gaze.

"You see what I mean baby?" Chris whispered. I shivered feeling unmasked, more exposed than I've ever felt in the club where I danced with only panties and bra.

"Grace?"

I turned and felt my heart danced at the sight of Kunle's dad smiling at me.

"Hope this rascal is not disturbing you?"

I shook my head and smiled at the old man whose blissful smile made me comfortable and less tensed.

"Chris oya excuse us, I need to talk to this beauty queen who is also my son's assistant. "

Chris nodded, winked at me and strolled towards Kunle who was engrossed in a conversation with a young man.

"Kunle told me, you work for him now," He said, walking me to an empty table.

"Yeah, been working for him for two months now."

"Hope my arrogant, stiff and annoying son is treating you right?"

I chuckled at his ability to describe his son in the perfect manner that gave justice to all the names I had in my head.

"Yes sir."

After the incident in the club, He only visited the club to apologize for his son's behaviour and ever since, he never showed up at the again.

"That's great, c'mon let's go greet some people, at least let me show off my beautiful date," He said locking hands with me.

I nodded and felt relaxed as he led the way introducing me to men and women, names I forgot the moment we left their table. 

***

Glossary.

Why you no go ever do something like normal human being---- why won't you behave like someone who is sane.

Abeg take better pictures--- please take nicer pictures.

Bye bye abeg Driver suppose come pick me--- please goodbye, I'm supposed to be picked up by a driver.

Vexing money---- this is extra transport fare we Nigerians (especially ladies) carry along with us in case we get annoyed by someone, especially the person we went to visit or when we urgently need to go home.