twenty five | to the bar |

Start from the beginning

"Well, well, well, who do we have here? I thought you said you won't be coming young lady." Karan said to Pari as he approached them to welcome the trio.

"I changed my mind. I wouldn't want you to miss me." Pari said teasing Karan who immediately engulfed her into a side hug.

"And who is this." He asked looking at Maddy.

"She is a friend. I hope you won't mind." Pari answered hoping she wasn't crossing a line bring her here

"Never. I don't mind anything that you do." Karan said, then taking his leave and before he was gone, he turned around calling out for us to enjoy the party.

At least someone paid more attention to me even when Maddy was here.

Maddy asked Siddharth to show him around, and he led her towards the group of people he knew, introducing her to everyone while Pari took her usual place at a party, the secluded corners.

"Can I get this lady a drink?" Pari heard Aparshakti saying, looking up to see him grinning. He walked towards him hugging him tight, happy to have found him to keep her company.

"Who's that girl with Siddharth?" Aparshakti asked.

"A friend of mine." Pari said shrugging, turning to look at the floor.

Aparshakti understood that his friends didn't want to talk anymore about the uninvited guest in the party so to take her mind off it he engaged her in a conversation comprising their randomness and quirkiness. Pari was with Aparshakti for the rest of the party, it was getting too late and she wanted to go back home, since most of the guests had left and Aparshakti too was leaving. She thought she should go tell Maddy that it was time to leave, so she strode over to where she was among her new friends, she had already made quite a lot of friends at the party and that was expected of her being herself. As Pari made her way to her she could clearly see that she was drunk way over she should be, dancing right next to Siddharth. Pari was terrified to go talk to her because she had known from experience that drunk Maddy had always been scary and hard to talk to.

Pari stood near Maddy, smiling faintly at Siddharth who had been with her the whole time "Hey Maddy, I think we should leave now." Pari said nervously.

"What?? No! I want to party more." She said, slurring her words finding it hard to stand still, throwing herself over Siddharth who steadied her.

"No, we should go now, you are drunk" Pari said grabbing her hand and trying to drag her out of there, but what happened next was something that Pari never expected. Maddy snatched her hand out of Pari's and slapped her and started saying what was long in her heart.

"You think you can come in here and tell me what to do? You selfish little bitch. You fucking don't care about me, you are just scared that these people won't like you anymore when they get to know me, just like Siddharth here, who had been with me all night while you sulked in the corner." Maddy said as a chuckled escaped her lips while she swayed to the music.

Pari's eyes instantly went to Siddharth's who looked at her with guilty eyes then turning to look at the floor immediately. Pari could feel her cheeks burning from the slap, she could also feel her eyes tearing up from the words that Maddy had said, everything was happening too fast for her to register all that see was saying and gesturing together but she could hear her fine and comprehend them. She could feel everyone around her stopping to stare at her, pity and judgement in their eyes while Maddy continued. "You left me when I needed you, you were never here. You were hurt because certain people didn't give a fuck about you and you chose to leave your life and run away. You never once cared about me, you bitch. You ran away."

"I didn't want to but I had to, I couldn't take it anymore." Pari tried to protest.

"Shut up you and your pathetic excuses. You do not deserve to be my friend, you are a coward who ran away from her friends, from her family, from her own goddamn parents." Maddy screamed on top of her lungs.

Pari could no more hear her friend's words and tears started to pour down her eyes leaving her cheeks wet. Pari had lost her ability to hear and see as everything around her became a blur. She tried to get out of there, bumping into several people on her way out because her vision was blurry due to the tears, until Siddharth came to her rescue, he had ran up to her, grabbing her by her bare waist and guided her in the sea of people to the exit. She could still feel everyone's eye on her as she walked to the exit, a crying mess, everything was a blur. She could then hear Aparshakti running towards them calling out to Siddharth, talking to him and offering to take her home but Siddharth angrily denied, saying that he would do it himself, that he was capable enough to take care of her. But neither of them knew that Pari didn't want any of them at that moment, she wanted to be alone.

She freed myself from Siddharth's tight grip and ran toward the road. She saw a taxi through her blurred vision and signalled it to stop. She turned around to see Siddharth and Aparshakti running towards her as soon as they realised what had happened, but before they could get the chance reach her, she was already in the cab asking the man to drive away. A few meters away from the house Pari could still see Aparshakti and Siddharth standing on the side of the road through the rear-view mirror. She was broken away from her thoughts by the cab driver asking her where she would like to go, making Pari answer the only place she though would take all her pain away.

To the bar.

.

So I have no idea about what's wrong with Wattpad, since my last chapter apparently has zero views but five votes. I don't know if it is happening only with me or have happened with others.

Anyway I hope you all are enjoying the story. Hopefully, it is soon gonna come to an end.