She exited the tub, wrapping a towel on both her head and body she made her way to the closet humming a tune that doesn't exist.  Whilst in the closet, Layla drops the towel covering her body as if she were in some body wash commercial. She starts applying some glow oil to her skin but stops when a goofy smile spreads across her face.

I cant wait to see the look on his face when he sess how beautiful I look tonight. 

     as this thought swam through her mind, her smile increased.

     When she was done, she moved to get ready. Keeping the make up on the natural side but with sexy red lips, she put on the dress which hugged her perfectly. It had been a long time since she had felt this beautiful.  She worked on her hair next and decided on putting it in a neat bun just to highlight her perfect cleavage that was exposed by the dress.

     A short knock on the door drew her attention making her rush over to open up. Her hopes died when the doors opened to reveal a random guard and not Xaviar.

   "Is Xaviar here yet??" She asked

   "no signora, I was sent to get what you'd like to have for dinner "

       Layla stared at the young man before her like he had grown a second head.
How dumb could he and the maids be?

She thought as she searched for words to reply to his absurd question. A minute later she still was yet to give an answer

   "mia regina??" He called out

Her face crunches in irritation as she recalled what he was here for
"am I a joke to you guys???"

  "What??" The guy asked unsure of what she meant

Without giving him a second glance or a reply, she shut the door at his face and went back to her business.

    Twenty minutes later she was all set and ready to be the center of attention.

she walks out of the room to be met with the standing figure of her guard
"Blanc is Xaviar here yet??" She questions as she walks to the living room with Blanc following right behind her

  "no signora"

That was quite odd, her husband had a reputation of never being late. Infact she was the queen of lateness whereas Xaviar had always been the one waiting and rushing to leave for every occasion. This was the first time he had ever run late.

           siting on the couch, she picked up a random magazine that had been forgotten on the center table, her mind wandered to her husband and she guessed it was him who had left it there.  Glancing through the pages, she only paused once in a while to check what time it was.

    The next time she glanced at her wrist watch, it was 9pm. Shuffling of feet and hushed tones caught her attention. It was the house staff they were closing for the day and Xaviar still wasn't here. She looked behind her where Blanc still stood rooted in place

"You're not heading home?"

"not yet" his reply came short and Layla give him a small smile with a nod before going back to the magazine in her hands.

     The ringing of her mobile phone disrupted her action as he quickly pulled out the device from her bag. Disappointment washing over her when she saw the caller was Kay rather than Xaviar

"I'm still at home Kay, Xaviar is running late which is real weird. The red carpets started 30mins ago and he's not here yet- -"

   "LAYLA!" Her bestfriend spoke loudly immediately shutting her up