Chapter 6

Two weeks had gone by since the disaster at the Lucasino family house. Xaviar begun acting strange, he  somehow became distant. I rarely saw him even if we lived together, when I finally get the chance to be with him he seemed like he had alot on his mind.
Unlike before, we hardly had a civil couple conversation with laughter, it was more of little arguments here and there over silly things.

        Blanc's condition begun improving during this past week although he was still confined at the hospital. According to the doctors, he needed to stay back to acertain if there wouldn't be any later incidents of internal bleeding due to the brutal treatment he had received that night. Xaviar and I had gone to the hospital on several occasions to check his healing process, I was sincerely happy at the positive progress he was making and was sure he would be in good shape soon.

       I sat at the garden watching the sunset when a brilliant idea popped into my head. I decided on making us dinner so we could talk things over.

     picking up my cellphone, I dialed Xaviar's number and waited eagerly for him to pick up but was rather taken to voice mail. I tried again twice and still got the same result.

   "He must be busy at the office " I thought as I made my way to the kitchen.

      I dismissed the cook and worked on making pasta carbonara. It was a simple dish and I was sure it would fit perfectly for dinner. I had just begun making the meal when I remembered I could call Xaviar's company line and have a massage passed to him by his secretary.  Dialing the number, two beeps later, a female voice spoke

     "Good evening, you have reached Mr Lucasino's office line who am I speaking with?"

   "Layla Lucasino. I'd like to speak with my husband" I replied

   "okay ma'am" She said before putting the call on hold

      " I'm sorry ma'am but Mr Lucasino is in a meeting at the moment " She said seconds later

"oh alright, could you please deliver a message to him "

   "sure Mrs Lucasino"

"please let him know I'm expecting him home early today. "

     "Okay. I'll be sure to pass your message across " She replied before I hung up.

      After the short phone conversation, I went back to the kitchen to finish up the meal I was making.
An hour later and I was done with making dinner.
      Unlike most females who cooked because it was expected of them, I somehow enjoyed the feeling of making a decent meal for human consumption. That was something Kay couldn't understand. My bestfriend being a lazy female couldn't understand why I loved cooking and took it as a hobby.  Although I haven't been cooking much since I got married to Xaviar. He wasn't psyched over the idea of his wife always in the kitchen cooking meals and suggested he got a cook to help with that.

     After the cooking fiasco I made my way to our room for a shower as Xaviar would be home anytime soon.
    Walking into the bathroom, I had a change of mind and decided on a relaxing warm bath. Filling the tub with warm water, I poured in my honey bath wash and dipped myself in welcoming the tingling relaxing feeling on my body. 

    The past week of this slight fault in our relationship had taken a toll on me. I haven't experienced such from Xaviar all the while we were dating and now it was a new unwelcomed development I had to put an end to before things got out of hand.
A few minutes later of soaking myself in the relaxing water, I exited the bathroom and got dressed in a comfortable mini blue dress.

     I set the dinning table and all I had to do was wait for my husband to get here which I was sure he would any moment from now. I made my way to the living room and decided to keep myself occupied while I waited on his arrival.