Our Home

Sonic's P.O.V

Eggman looked down in surprise, sitting back in his seat.

"I was not expecting that. But I was expecting to not expect something, so it doesn't count."

All of the drones fired at me all at once, but time slowed down just as the bullets got near me. At least they did for me.

I looked at my wrist, tapping my foot. Man, this was so boring. Time to do what I do best: Go fast.

I swiped some of the rockets out of my face. I grabbed two more, hitting them against some bullets like I was playing drums.

I jumped off of the roof, grabbing rockets midair and smashing them into drones as I landed on them.

I slid along the side of the building, putting my hands up and making rock and roll signs. Because cool guys don't look at explosions.

I turned two drones to shoot at each other, putting up fingerguns.

"Pew, pew-pew-pew, pew-pew-pew-pew!"

I looked up and noticed Eggman coming straight for me with some kind of red beam. I gasped, moving to avoid getting hit by the beam. It hit the side of the building, but it was so close that it knocked me out temporarily.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Maddie and Tom screaming. But more importantly, I saw Y/n reaching out to me. She didn't look scared, but concerned about me. She trusted me to save her.

I saw my rings falling around me and reached for the closest one. It was just barely out of reach as I swam through the air towards it.

"Come on! Come! Come, come, come! Come on, come on, come on!"

I saw everyone still falling, but I noticed Y/n pointed at her head. An idea popped into my head. She's such a genius.

I pulled out one of my quills, catching the ring on it. I quickly grabbed the ring and ran down the side of the building. I threw the ring, thinking of the first safe place to pop into my mind: Green Hills.

I saw Y/n look at me with a worried expression as she fell through the portal, reaching out for me again.

"Sonic!"

I smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up, watching the portal close. I quickly tried to skid to slow down, but I ended up falling into a tree and tumbling to the ground.

I groaned as broken drones and rings fell all around me. Eggman flew down towards me, smirking as he opened the glass windshield of his hovercraft.

"Can I offer you one genius piece of advice? Don't run. It will only hurt more if you do. And it's bad for your joints, they proved it!"

I stood up, determined to win.

"All right, Eggman. You wanna get fast? Let's get fast!"

I scrambled to gather all of my rings back into their bag and then sped off through the streets of San Francisco.

Of course, it didn't take long for Eggman to start chasing me and trying to burn me to ashes with lasers.