The Blue Devil

Y/n's P.O.V

My dad was mapping out a route to San Francisco while I looked at the blue quill. It felt very soft, but not at the same time. It wasn't sharp though.

Both of our activities were stopped by the sound of garbage cans crashing. My dad went to grab the tranquilizer gun that my mom kept for bears. I decided to go investigate ahead of my dad.

"Hold on, Y/n. What if it's dangerous?"

"Dad, it's just a raccoon. I'll be fine."

"Not if it has rabies."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I kept walking towards the garage. Looks like whatever it was broke in. I reached the door and slowly opened it, peaking inside. I didn't get a good look until my dad came over and kicked the door the rest of the way open.

"SFPD.....pending background check. Put your paws in the air!"

Inside was a large blue creature that looked like a hedgehog holding a golden ring and a brown bag. I felt like my entire world came to a stop when I saw him. All of my drawings, the path in the forest, and that name....

"Uhhhhh, Meow?"

My dad started screaming, which made the hedgehog start screaming, but instead of screaming, I called his name.

"Sonic!"

In my dad's panic, he shot Sonic in the leg with the tranquilizer gun. Sonic started to look a bit loopy, his hand that was holding a golden ring lowering. He looked up at my dad's shirt.

"San...Francisco?"

He dropped the ring in his hand and started to fall, dropping his brown bag into the large portal that the once small ring turned into. Inside the portal, you could see the roof of the Transamerica Pyramid. The portal quickly closed once the bag landed onto the roof.

Sonic groaned as he fell to the floor and passed out. My dad had a bewildered look on his face and shook his head.

"What?"

I quickly ran over to Sonic and held him. I took the dart out of his leg gently and inspected his face. He was the one I was looking for. I met him in the forest a long time ago, but I never remembered until now.

"Y/n, what are you doing? That thing could be dangerous."

My dad looked at me with wide eyes as I lifted Sonic up into my arms as I stood up. He was definitely bigger now, but I was still taller than him. He felt so soft and light.

"We gotta take him inside, Dad."

"What?! Are you crazy?"

"Dad, please."

My dad gave me a concerned look and sighed.

"Fine, but he's going in Ozzy's cage."

I guess that was better than nothing. I carried Sonic into the house quickly while my dad went ahead and put Ozzy's dog cage on the dining room table. I put Sonic inside gently, feeling bad about doing it.