Piston Pit

Sonic's P.O.V

I didn't stop Y/n from cuddling into my side. I tried to stop myself, but I ended up purring anyway. I felt so special being hugged by Y/n.

Tom, however, was not so happy about it when he noticed it. He didn't say anything since he didn't want to wake up Y/n, but he glared at me silently.

I felt nervous every time Tom glared at me. But he couldn't stay mad at me, right? I'm too lovable.

Time passed and it started getting late. Tom pulled up to a gas station, getting out of the truck and putting on a hat.

"Alright. I'm gonna go check in with Wade, see if he knows what's going on."

"You're gonna see Wade in that glass thing? What is it, a teleportation box?"

"It's a payphone. It's mostly for drug dealers and fugitives from the law, which is us. Stay in the car, I don't want anybody seeing you."

"I don't really have a choice."

I said that referring to Y/n, who was holding me down in her tight grip. Tom glared at me, pointing at his eyes and then pointing back at me.

I watched Tom walk away. Once he was in the weird box, I looked at Y/n. She started to wake up, so I tried to act cool and look away from her.

"Sonic? Where are we?"

Y/n's sleepy voice sounded so cute. I felt my face heating up, calming myself before looking at her again.

"Well, good morning, or good afternoon I guess. We're at a gas station. Tom went to go see Wade in that weird glass box."

Y/n yawned and sat up. She looked amazing in the moonlight. Suddenly, I heard a loud noise coming from the other side of the truck. It seemed to wake up Y/n quickly.

"What is that?! It looks so cool, Y/n."

She looked over at the place. It had a sign that said 'Piston Pit'. She smiled at me. However her smile seemed very mischievous.

"Well, it's a bar full of bikers. I've never been to one, but I hear that they are sooooo cool. I wish we could go."

I knew what she was doing. I felt excitement building up in me. I wanted to go in that bar so badly.

"You know, I think if we used my dad's spare clothes in the back, we might be able to disguise ourselves enough to get in."

Oh man, she was such a bad influence. Is this just how girls are when they first wake up? I knew this was a bad idea, but Y/n had me convinced.

"Okay, let's go!"

Y/n's smile grew. She climbed to the driver's seat, opening the door quietly. She climbed out and opened the back door. I watched as she grabbed a shirt, a hat, and a sweet pair of sunglasses. She also grabbed a sweatshirt, throwing it on over her clothes and pulling the hood up.

"You coming or what, Sonic?"

"Yes."

I put on the clothes and we made our way into the bar together. It was pretty loud and there were people everywhere. Y/n lead me to a nearby table and we sat together.

"This is so cool, Y/n, but Tom is gonna kill us."

"Well, I just figured that you're going to be leaving soon, so I need to have fun with you while I still can. Besides, we never got to catch up earlier."

Y/n was right. I wasn't going to be on Earth much longer. I was going to miss her a lot.

"Well, Sonic, what have you been doing during all this time that you've been hiding away?"

"Well, I've read a lot of comics, worked out, played some sports, went people watching. I do that a lot actually."

"Didn't that get lonely?"

I felt a bit sad when Y/n asked that. I was so lonely, but I didn't have much of a choice. Now I was going to be really lonely once I was on the mushroom planet.

"Yeah. I wanted to talk to you again, but I thought it would be better if I didn't. I saw people making fun of you because of me."

"Well, I never really paid them any attention. I just drew you and kept trying to remember you. It didn't work that well. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I can't blame you for forgetting someone you only met once. I was just surprised that you remembered what I looked like."

"How could I forget you? You're so unique and special."

I felt my face heating up again. I looked at Y/n carefully and saw her face starting to turn pink. I reached for her hand, holding it in my own.

"Thank you, Y/n."

"Sonic, I-"

I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I let go of Y/n's hand and turned around to see Tom glaring at me. I tipped my hat and gave Tom a nervous smile.

"Howdy, partner!"

"I'm not your partner. Come on, you two, we're leaving."

I gasped and tried to convince Tom to stay.

"But there's a ZZ Top cover band. You gotta see their beards."

"Weird enough to catch them some other time. Let's go, get up."

"If we stay, I promise I won't say another word for the rest of the trip, starting.... now."

Tom rolled his eyes at me, but we were interrupted by a waitress approaching us.

"Welcome to the Piston Pit. What can I get you, fellas?"

"Oh, I want nachos and Buffalo Wings.... Oh, and guac. Funny word, isn't it? Guac, guac. Guac."

I heard Y/n laugh at my silliness, making me smile at her, but the waitress seemed concerned.

"Hey, no kids allowed in here. What's he got on, some kind of mask?"

"Oh, he's actually 43 years old and, um, suffers from a very rare skin disease that stunts his growth and makes him look, uh, like that."

"The face, I was born with. The confidence, I picked up along the way."

"Make his a Mello Yello, please. And the same for her."

"Okay."

The waitress walked away, Tom looking at me and Y/n with a sarcastic grin.

"You guys owe me one."

"I never sat on a barstool before. So squishy! Oh, look at this. It spins."

I started spinning in my seat quickly, making Y/n laugh again. I spun so fast that Tom's sunglasses flew off my face.

"Are you having fun? Gonna check this off the ol' bucket list, huh? Big night for you."

I gasped in wonder, watching Tom draw an imaginary check in the air.

"What's a bucket list?"