A Night To Remember

Y/n's P.O.V

We arrived at a motel. All of us were pretty worn out. Well, maybe not Sonic, but I feel like he never gets tired.

I decided to head for the shower right away. It was pretty late already and I smelled like all of the nasty things that a bar smells like.

"I'm gonna go shower, don't have too much fun without me."

"Alright, Sweetie. We'll be here."

Tom's P.O.V

Sonic was jumping on the beds, gloating about how amazing our fight was. He checked it off of his bucket list while I grabbed us some ice for our faces.

"You're a weird little dude."

I handed Sonic his ice, but he seemed pretty confused on what to do with it. I put my ice against my face, humming.

Sonic suddenly hummed as well. Was he copying me?

I hummed again, making Sonic hum as well, but louder. I deadpanned, not continuing the cycle.

"Okay."

"So what are we gonna do now?"

I started taking my shoes off, looking up at Sonic.

"I'm gonna pass out watching tv. I think you should too."

"But this is my last night on Earth. I want to soak up every last second."

"All right, well, anything you can find to do in this room, you knock yourself out."

Sonic looked around the room before he took off. He did anything to amuse himself in just this one room. Eventually he sat back down on his bed, sighing in satisfaction.

"Good times."

He suddenly lifted his leg slightly and let a fat one rip. What the hell did I let him eat? Did we even eat?

"Oh, come on. That's awful. What did you eat?"

"I think it's called a chili dog?"

"You might want to check your fur on that one, buddy."

I laid down on my bed, holding the ice against my face as the smell started to go away.

"Hey. So, what's this next planet you're supposed to go to like?"

"It's no Earth. I can tell you that. There's no people, just breathable air and giant mushrooms and stuff."

"Well, look at it this way. At least you won't be the only 'fun-guy'."

I looked over at Sonic to see his disappointed face.

"No. Don't ever do that again."

I chuckled, closing my eyes.

"I liked it."

"I'm really gonna miss this place. I know I have to leave Earth to be safe, but what if Longclaw was wrong? Maybe I could have a life here."