49: ASSISTANT

Hey, how's your day been? Are you taking care of yourself? Enjoy the chapter, cuties <33 Remember to eat and drink regularly, and if you've been sitting in the same position for a while, don't forget to stretch!

me every monday after posting: i'm gonna respond to comments today (:
me: *blinks*
me: wh- hoW IS IT SUNDAY AGAIN-

i am,, so sorry but i just have no comprehension of the passing of time lmao

Discord server, if you've been on my mind, girl, since the flood: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

Izuku's mind drifted to think about his mum. Nedzu had permitted her to live in an apartment on UA grounds, which set both of their hearts at ease to know she was so close by and a lot safer within the school's walls. The fact that she had been targeted in the first place was worrying enough, and they wouldn't find out the motive, or the villains' allegiances, or how they even discovered where she had been relocated to, because Tsukauchi was the lead detective on the private case and for the time being he was busy with his own case that took precedence. At least all of the villains involved in the attack had been locked up, ready to be interrogated in more detail at a later date.

He felt guilty that he hadn't really had a chance to visit her properly after the initial settling when he had explained everything about his strange situation to her, leading to many hours filled with tears and talking for the both of them. Between catching up on all the schoolwork he missed due to work study, keeping up with normal classes, rehearsing for the culture festival and assisting his friends in the performance, as well as occasionally dipping out with Aizawa to patrol as Oni, he barely had time to breathe.

Izuku glanced up as he noticed other people enter the classroom. It was the special effects team, and Ashido was at the front, for some reason wearing formalwear and dark sunglasses. Her expression was carefully neutral and she purposefully walked across the room towards him, coming to a halt just in front.

"Midoriya..." Ashido murmured without inflection, placing a palm on his shoulder. "You're... fired from the dance team!"

Izuku blinked. "Uh."

"I'm sorry!" She wailed, throwing off her suit jacket and sunglasses and grovelling at his feet. "The effects team said they needed more people! They want to make it so Aoyama can reach the whole room, but we don't have the equipment for that, so they wanted a power-type person to move him by hand."

"During the performance, I'm going to transform from a dancer into a disco ball," Aoyama explained, long eyelashes glittering as he blinked. "It's the perfect job for moi. I'd like your help."

Ashido was still sobbing at his feet, clutching onto his trousers. "I didn't want to betray my dance partner like this, but it's for the betterment of the performance!"