Chapter 11 - 🌺

"I'm coming!" I shout out loud for the fifth time again, causing Jake to groan.

"You said that twenty minutes ago, kitty!" He shouts back to me from the living room.

I quickly slip on my shoes before leaving the bedroom, "Well, this time I'm being serious."

"Why are you taking so long anyway?" Jake asks me as I walk into the living room while throwing my hair up in a stylish messy bun.

"Maybe because you don't want to tell me where we're going so I couldn't decide on what I should wear." I respond to him in a duh tone.

He sighs and shakes his head, "I told you that it's a surprise and it doesn't matter what you wear."

I give him a deadpan look, "That's not true. It does matter."

Jake rolls his eyes at me, a slight grin playing on his face, "Yeah, that's not true but I guess you did choose something that goes with where we're going."

"You guess?" I raise a questioning eyebrow at him.

He nods his head and I look down at my choice of outfit. Light blue jean overall shorts with a long sleeve white crop top and a pair of plain white tennis shoes. The weather is somewhere between warm and breezy which is why I decided to wear this outfit.

He cocks his head to the side as he looks me up and down, "Alright, you look good in that outfit."

"Just good?" I ask him while placing a hand on my hip, a small grin threatening to break free.

Jake rolls his eyes at me and shakes his head before walking to the door, "I'll boost your ego more later. Right now we have to go. We're already late."

Following behind him, I question impatiently, "Where are we going though?!"

"You need to learn how to be patient, kitty." He responds as he opens the door and looks back at me. "Surprise... remember?"

My shoulders slouch from disappointment and I walk outside, "I really don't like surprises."

Jake walks out behind me and shuts the front door, "You'll like this one."

"You don't even know that." I turn around to face him and cross my arms over my chest. He might be right though. After all, what's not to like about anything that has to do with bora bora?

"Trust me... I know. Now let's go." He grabs my hand before we head off to wherever it is that he's taking me to.

Upon arriving at our destination, my mouth drops open a little in shock and confusion, "Is that a speed boat?"

"Yeah, it is." Jake nods, pulling me closer to the water with him.

I briefly glance around us and ask, "Who does it belong to?"

"Us." He simply states, causing me to look up at him even more shocked.

"Wait, what??" My eyebrows furrow together and he just chuckles a little.

"Well, it's ours for the day. I rented it." He casually says with a shrug of his shoulder, looking like he doesn't have a care in the world.

I look back at the speed boat for a moment before turning to him again, "Why? It was probably super expensive renting this."

He looks at me as if I just told him the stupidest thing in the world, "Do you really think that I'm worried about how much money I spend?"

"Right..." I shake my head after a moment and look away. "I forget you're a billionaire."