Arthur was glad he had decided to let her sing before the circus came in, he had missed hearing her sing and she had been fearful to sing since she was worried about the knights. Uther could feel his mind wandering as his smile became more and more forced remembering the last time she sang was at Morgana's returning ceremony.

"Your whispers Follow me when I try to leave I fight for A love that I don't fully believe In my heart You're a risk I'm willing to take But my head It's telling me there's too much at stake I don't trust you But I want to Please don't let me fall"

Merlin and Gaius couldn't help but grin widely at her, Magdelena was smiling softly as she sang the song, a smile they hadn't seen in some time. Merlin fully blamed the demon for her change in self and was glad he had been sent back to whatever rock he had crawled out from under.

"I gaze up at the midnight sky Can't find a single star There are times when I miss the light But I'm not afraid of the dark I'm not afraid of the dark I'm not afraid of the dark"

The few knights of the round table who had never heard her voice were stunned at the not only beauty of the girl but the beauty of her voice. Gwaine smiled liking to see the Maggie he remembered from his last trip to the castle was back, not the darker one from the tavern.

"I gaze up at the midnight sky Can't find a single star There are times when I miss the light But I'm not afraid of the dark I'm not afraid of the dark"

The song came to an end and she bowed as the room applauded as she smiled at the people before making her way back to her spot behind Uther who smiled sadly at her. She placed a hand on his shoulder sending some happier feelings toward him doing her best to make it not seem like it was her and his smile soon turned real, "That was a cruel trick, your highness," Magdelena whispers into the Prince's ear as the circus people entered and took a few moments to set up their things.

"I proved my point though," he says smiling at her which was really more of a smirk, "they don't fear you anymore, the knights were pleased when they saw you weren't singing to hurt them."

"Well thank you, your highness," she says smiling softly at him, "and Happy Birthday."

Magdelena smiled as the show began for the ending of the feast, and she looked at the leader and felt bad intentions from him. He wanted someone dead and Magdelena's smile curved down into a frown. Deciding to keep an eye on him she watched him the entire show, missing the acts but she kept him in her eyesight.

"I require a volunteer," he says looking around the tables before his eyes landed on Arthur, "Prince Arthur. What better or more fitting occasion for you to demonstrate your legendary bravery?"

Magdelena didn't like where this was going but figured he wasn't stupid enough to kill him in front of the entire audience and the King, "Do you accept the challenge?"

Arthur stands, "Of course," the crowd applauds as he makes his way down to the man, she sees Uther's hand turn white from gripping the chair. She places a hand on his shoulder once more sending some calming waves until he no longer had a death grip on the chair.

Arthur sends a reassuring smile at the crowd before placing himself against the board. The leader and his assistant tie Arthur's ankles and wrists to the restraints on the board. Magdelena doesn't miss the nervous glance Arthur shoots at the man.

The Gleeman shoves an apple in Arthur's mouth Magdelena can't help the small smile that grew on her face. The wheel a push and it starts to spin Magdelena feels her stomach turn at the sight of Arthur spinning on the board. A dwarf presents the case of knives to The Gleeman. The Gleeman holds the blade up for the crowd to see. Without even stopping to take aim, The Gleeman suddenly turns and throws the knife at Arthur. It thuds into the board, centimeters from Arthur's face. Magdelena grabs Uther's shoulder in slight fear while the audience applauses.

Uther looks rather impressed the most emotion she had seen from him besides in his chambers with Arthur. The Gleeman takes the next knife from the case he allows the tension to build before suddenly throwing the knife. It flies through the air and thuds into the board on the other side of Arthur's head.

The Gleeman takes the final knife from the case, "Don't worry Maggie Arthur will be just fine," The Gleeman waves the final knife at Uther, who nods permission for him to throw it.  We hear the blade slice into something, not wood and the crowd gasps and holds its breath for a moment. The wheel slows to a stop and we see the knife stuck straight into the apple, "Told you," Uther says clapping with the crowd.

The Gleeman takes a bow and a circus man helps Arthur down from the Wheel of Death. Arthur tosses the apple and catches it, "You allow your son to be in death-defying acts and death-inducing missions too much for my liking."

"You aren't his wife you have no need to worry," snapped Uther in a slight whisper.

"I don't have to be his wife," she snapped, "As Crown Prince, he is my future king as a citizen of Camelot. Don't go off on that tangent, by the way, I am a servant who knows her place, for the most part."