🌙I. Only the Moon Knows I'm in Love with You pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Sweetie, you're older than me."

"What?"

"You were born on March 27, I was born on September 1st."

That only made me bawl my eyes out even more.

Yep, he can take my father's bullet for me. After all, he's the one marrying me.

II.✨

"Again can someone remind me why you two were late? I can't remember why it's 3pm, and I'm having trouble zipping up your soon-to-be-wife's dress, when I was supposed to do that two hours ago."

After spending half an hour controlling my giggling session, once dad was done throwing a fit at Jungkook. We entered the change room and tears of joy were streaming down my cheeks, watching the beaten bunny in front of me. Poor kid, didn't even get to explain.

Not long after, his mother bolted in, screaming at the already stressed boy, and going into the same routine as my father, enraged and violent. While I was being treated as the precious bride, I was. Soon, his father walked in, seeming rather relaxed, but with a hint of impatience. By then, I felt guilty that two adults had already scolded him for being an irresponsible husband, I couldn't let another one do so. It's supposed to be my job!

"I'm sure Jungkook's sorry Eleanor. Besides, the second I tried waking him up, he kept insisting we eat breakfast right away!"

Jungkook hitched a breath, and immediately gave me a death glare. He was about to open his mouth and spill the truth until I threatened him in a dangerous manner, by gradually removing my diamond ring. Raising an eyebrow in the process.

"Sweetheart! Call me mom, you'll be legally married in an hour or so."

As his future wife, I shall always win. He then, sighed, closing his mouth and turning around to go change. Muttering faint words, that seemed only I could understand clearly.

"I wasn't the one who insisted to eat at a place on the opposite side of the city."

"Oh did I mention that he begged me to drive him to a place on the other side of the city."

My smirk only grew, as I heard the grumbling man rush into the change room and slam the door shut. Right before his mother could beat him to it.

III.✨

My mother had died the time we had moved to Seoul. She never allowed me to fall in love with another boy because she described how difficult and complicated my father was. How his ultimate bullying figure alternated to a soft, clingy puppy.

She had enrolled in Bangkok's top cooking classes for college students. She knew immediately, after seeing my father, that he was going to be a great chef. He was poised, she described, supposedly well-mannered, and intimidating. Little did she know though, he was incredibly annoying.

She would boast about him strictly pointing out the unevenness of her diced onions, the hardly raw chicken breast, and the saltiness of her broth. During group work and team challenges, he wouldn't let her touch a single spoon or a knife! When observing his team for leadership marks, he had brutally complained of her laziness. He was a true handful.

It was only a month after, she caught him staring at her as she was stirring a lightly tinted soup with fresh herbs and mouthwatering steam blaring. The class was over, but the teacher allowed her to stay for extra practice, and by then, everyone had left but him.

"Only because the colour looked unnatural..."

"Let me tell our daughter the story from my perspective honey."

The minute my mother saw his reflection on the stainless steel glass, a smug look arose, and she lifted her wooden spoon taking a sip and humming at the luxurious flavour. Intentionally causing drool to spill from his bottom lip.

"Want some?" She said, facing the now embarrassed chef.

"You can come out, I'm not going to yell at you or anything."

She was a sincerely sweet woman. She entirely believed in the quote "Treat others the way you want to be treated", even if it takes a month. Giving him a genuine smile, her pearly whites flaring, she scooped a tiny amount, afraid he might not enjoy a whole spoonful.

"Say ahhhh..." My father thought she was kidding, before she began to make a noise similar to a train's, 'choo choo'.

My mother got him to taste her dish as he hesitantly opened. Once he swooshed the liquid around and gulped it down, judging by his sour, crunched up nose, she was anticipating for a regular answer. She didn't realize the unexpected would come out of the blue.

His eyes had dreamily fell upon her, giving her a face of appreciation and thankfulness.

"Marry me."

My mom's eyes widen at his strange and sudden request, that she only thought of one answer.

"NO!!"

My father immediately cuts off my mother's story by slapping his palm against her small lips.

"You never said no!! In fact, you were so desperate for me to be nice to you, you said yes before I asked!"

"He restlessly teased me, and had the guts to expect me to accept him on a date!"

"You still accepted me nonetheless!"

"Yeah out of pity!"

I laughed at the odd couple, the unusual pairing, yet I was proud to call them my parents. We spent the rest of the evening at the hospital, eating my dad's soup, hearing him claim the recipe is an elevated version of my mom's, but nothing's better than the original. Meanwhile, I was wondering if my future husband would turn out to be like that.