🌙I. Only the Moon Knows I'm in Love with You pt.1

I

I. ✨
Today was the first day, someone called me Tardy. Late wasn't a word I associated with or considered often, even in birth, I was out of my mother's cozy womb at exactly 2 weeks after a doctor's appointment. That day I was in her arms, my father knew I'd be Perfect, my mother knew I was an Early Bird, and he, well, he called me Special.

"You two are late to your own wedding!"

I've never seen my father's face flushed in a deep rouge, till today. Imaginary steam blowing out of each ear, like a tug boat, and his forehead vein throbbing erratically. My insides nearly died of laughter from looking at the angered man in front of me, getting ready to scold Jungkook for postponing the vows.

In all honesty, I had been the one to keep us in bed all morning. He had woken up at exactly seven in the morning, just like we planned. An hour to make sure we have everything checked and packed, half an hour to get breakfast, an hour to get to the location, an hour to make sure things were in place, and two hours to get ready. By then, the whole wedding would've started at two in the afternoon.

Instead, I had spent all night secretly watching bloggers, around my age, do things I never did. Skydiving, parasailing, bungee jumping, and more things a daredevil, like myself, hasn't done. Jungkook woke up at midnight after hearing me sob and sniffle, muttering gibberish to myself outside the bedroom door.

It eventually took him a while to lift the white sheets, and pull himself up and out of the room, just to find me and bring me back. When he did, he described the big lump on the couch, as a deformed version of a teletubby, even talking like one. Tissues were surrounding me, and the wedding dress was carelessly tossed on the carpet.

"Postpone the wedding! Break up with
me! Say 'I don't'! Whatever it takes. I wanna be single again!"

Confused, he walked further into the living room, peeking at the bright television with a young, American lady speaking. It was clearly labelled "20 Things to do Before Marriage". Jungkook immediately got the message after heaving a loud sigh and plopping himself down beside the melting potato. Whom was me.

"I didn't even do ten of these things." I pouted in defeat, continuously scrolling down a different website, whimpering as Jungkook places a warm hand on my cold, puffed cheeks.

"Baby, we can always do these things after."

"But, but it won't be the same. I'll be a married loser by then."

On the corner of my eye, I can see his eyebrows furrowed, then forming into a questioning look. I didn't care, I was an upset and congested mess. I really did feel like a deformed teletubby. An ugly one, to be specific. The thoughts only caused my eyes to overflow and teardrops running and dripping from his hand.

"B-besides-" sniffle "you'll be" sniffle "too old" sniffle "to do these things with me."

I thought I offended him, judging by his shocked face. I guess I was wrong, because his warmth left my cheek, and he began laughing like a lunatic. I gave him a "what's funny?" look, my doll eyes lost from his endless chuckles.