Chap.16 Figuring out Drago's plan and..... wait what!?

(Hiccup's POV)

I was sitting at breakfast with my friends, thinking as hard as possible without hurting myself. I knew Drago would make a surprise attack, but when? How? I also couldn't stop thinking about Anna. She didn't understand how much she really ment to me. She doesn't know the scale of how much I....love her. She told me about her heart, and I can't shake the feeling I'm gonna have to fix it. I've never fixed a broken heart before. But, hey? Who says I can't try? I went back to thinking about Drago and his plan, when I was interrupted by my mom.

"Hiccup? Are you listening?" She asked, waving a hand in my face.

"Huh? Sorry, I was deep in thought you were saying?" I said, listening this time.

"I was telling you that tomorrow is the big day" She replied.

"Big day? For what?" I asked, taking a sip of water.

Everybody looked at me like I'd lost my mind. Gobber was on the brink of tears. Why?

"Tomorrow...is the anniversary of Stoick's death" Mom answered.

I did a spit take all over poor Snoutlout. I cannot believe, I forgot about that! A lot has been on my mind, so I have a small excuse. A lame one at that. That's when it hit me. Like a ton of bricks it hit me.

"I'm such an idiot!" I cried, slamming my head on the table.

"What's wrong son?" Mom asked, putting her arm around me. I lifted my head up, wiping some tears.

"I think I know what Drago's plan is" I responded.

(Anna's POV)

I had just learned about Stoick's funeral. I even heard Hiccup might possibly know what Drago has in mind to do. He had taken a flight with his friends to look for any ships. He'd also gone to get some friends of his. I think he said ones name was Eret? Yeah, that's it. Anyway, I was hanging out with Valka and Cloudjumper, when a shocking thing happened.

"Anna, what do you think of Hiccup?" She asked suddenly.

"I don't know what you mean" I said, confused slightly.

"I mean, are you close friends or distant friends?"

"I would say close friends" I answered, still not sure what she was getting at. I had stood up and was petting Cloudjumper, when she said...that horrifying thing.

"I would say so. After the way you were kissing last night" She said. I froze and spun to face her. My whole mind kinda shut down on me.

"What? When? Why? How did yo-" She slapped her hand over my mouth. She gently shook her head and sighed.

"Motherly instinct, tells everything" She replied simply.

"I think there's more to that then just instinct" I said, when she removed her hand.

"Okay, I may have spied on you last night" She admitted.

"That's not weird, not weird at all" I said sarcastically.

"Well, he's my son! Also, you have you're heart to worry about" She said.

I sighed. She was right. But the thing was, Hiccup didn't realize how much I love him. He's just completely wonderful!! No words can describe how I feel when I'm around him. It's a great feeling though. That, and my heart doesn't hurt when he's around. I think that may be a sign, but it could also be a lie.

"Hiccup loves you, Anna" Valka once again said suddenly.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"It's obvious by the way he acts around you. Nervous and flustered. That usually only happens when you're in love" Valka said.