16

OK SO I'M GOING TO TRY TO FINISH THIS STORY ONCE AND FOR ALL. THERE'S ONLY GOING TO BE A COUPLE CHAPTERS (2 OR 3) LEFT SO BARE WITH ME.

raven had been giving the girl looks over the last few days and it confused the brunette. she felt like they were finally on good terms after finn's death, so she wasn't sure why she was getting such an off vibe from her. clarke seemed to notice too, mentioning a few times to the girl whenever raven would leave the room. the girl was now in mount weather with wick shutting down their systems. kodie wasn't sure how they got in there unseen, but she wasn't complaining.

"it's taking too long." clarke said. it had been a few hours since the two had gone in and they hadn't heard from bellamy either. kodie was going through withdrawal of not talking or seeing the boy and it was making her rather sad.

"it takes as long as it takes. what will you do when it's over?" lexa asked, standing next to kodie and clarke.

"i have no idea." clarke answered, placing her hands on her hips.

"well, what do you want?" lexa questioned. the way she was looking at clarke made kodie raise an eyebrow. she looked at her like she was the world and it confused the girl. had something happened between them?

"nothing." clarke shook her head. "my people back. i can't think past today."

"you both should come with me to the capital. polis will change the way you think about us." lexa said.

"i'm already on your side." kodie pointed out.

"you already have changed the way i think about you." clarke added.

there was a gun shot and lincoln stood up from his sitting position against a tree. "it's coming from the dam."

"they know we're going for the power." clarke stated.

lexa nodded, "hey know we're going for the dor."

"raven will get it done." kodie assured them. "as soon as those lights go off, you push that button."

lincoln nodded. "we'll do the rest."

there was a lot more noise before a silence rang across the field. clarke quickly pushed the button, but nothing happened. "what's wrong?" lexa asked. "why isn't it working?"

"they're jamming us. i have to get closer." clarke stated.

mr. miller, nate's dad, grabbed clarke's shoulder. "let me do it."

"no. you can't--"

"for nate, i have to try." he said and clarke only nodded as more gunfire shot by the dam.

"we need to get to that ridge and take out the shooters." lexa stated before calling a few people to go with her.

a few minutes later the gunfire stopped and lincoln looked around. "lexa did it."

"they'll be waiting just inside the door. we have to be ready to fight when mr. miller gets the door open. train your fire on the door." mr. miller pressed the button and the door slowly started to open. "attack now!" clarke ordered.

"stand down." lexa's voice boomed and everyone looked in her direction to see her walking over with emerson at her side.

"what?" kodie whispered to herself.

"what is this?" clarke asked.

"hey, look!" someone shouted. "they're coming out!" kodie looked at the door to see all the grounders emerging from mount weather.

"they're surrendering?" clarke furrowed her eyebrows.

"not quite." emerson smirked.

"what did you do?" clarke asked angrily.

"what you would have done." lexa stated, looking from clarke to kodie. "saved my people."

"where are my people?" clarke questioned.

"i'm sorry, clarke. that wasn't part of the deal." lexa stood tall.

"you made a deal?" kodie snapped. "are you fucking crazy?"

"you made the right choice, commander." emerson nodded at her.

"what is this?" kodie practically shouted as lincoln held her back from charging at lexa.

"lexa's made a deal." clarke shook her head.

"what about the prisoners from the ark?" lincoln questioned.

kodie's eyes began to water. "They'll all be killed."

clarke frowned. "but you don't care about that, do you?" her question was directed at lexa.

"i do care, clarke, but i made this choice with my head and not my heart. the duty to protect my people comes first."

"please don't do this." kodie cried out.

"i'm sorry, kodie."

"commander, not like this." lincoln stepped forward as kodie crumbled to the ground. "let us fight."

"no." lexa shook her head. "the deal is done. all our people withdraw. those are the terms." she ordered before two grounders grabbed lincoln and headed towards the woods. lexa looked over her shoulder at kodie and offered her a sad smile. "may we meet again."

"clarke, kodie...come on." mr. miller said. "we'll come back with reinforcements."

"it's over." kodie cried and clarke shook her head. "it can't be over."

"we're heading back." mr. miller pursed his lips and headed back towards camp with everyone else.

kodie wiped her tears from her face and looked at clarke who remained staring at the now closed door. she rose to her feet and swallowed the lump in her throat. "we're gonna save them, aren't we?"

clarke nodded. "we are."