05

the creepy music playing from the small box on the ground made kodie shiver. bellamy picked a gun up from the floor and that's when the three knew something had happened to scott and the other guard. kodie felt bad she didn't know his name, but it didn't seem like it mattered anymore. bellamy picked up the music player and as it finally stopped playing kodie flickered her flashlight in the direction of grunting.

"oh my god." she gasps.

octavia stepped forward. "lincoln!" kodie's arm went out in front of the younger girl and she held her back.

"he—" kodie eyed him as he slowly stood up with blood covering his mouth and an evil look in his eyes. "he's a reaper."

"lincoln, it's me." octavia says with a shaky voice. "it's octavia."

"o," bellamy grabs his sister's waist and pulls her back. when kodie felt bellamy hands grab her waist also she jumped, but let out a breath she was holding as bellamy stepped in front of the two girls. he handed octavia the smaller gun that scott had given him and kodie threw her arms up.

"am i not worthy of a gun?" lincoln came charging at octavia before bellamy could respond and he threw her to the side before turning to attack bellamy. octavia shot lincoln in the leg and as he turned to the girl bellamy took his gun and hit him over the head. "yeah, i'm good without a gun." kodie confirmed.

bellamy and octavia both looked at kodie before octavia started to fall from the hard impact she had with the car lincoln had thrown her at.

"come on," bellamy says as him and kodie each draped one of octavia's arms over their shoulders. "we need to find somewhere safe."

"we can't kill him, bell." octavia mumbles. "i won't allow it."

kodie gives a small nod, "me neither, octavia. we'll figure this out, but bellamy's right. we need to find somewhere safe to hide."

"here." bellamy points to a car with tinted windows. he tugged at the door handle and let out a sigh of relief since it was unlocked. he got in first, then octavia climbed in, kodie getting in last. kodie quickly shut the door and slid the lock button over.

"so, what's the plan?" kodie asks.

octavia shakes her head. "he's a reaper. how's it even possible?" she was trying to catch her breath. "he just looked right through me." glass shattered nearby, causing kodie to jump. she looked over at the window and slapped a hand over her mouth so she didn't scream. lincoln stood there, staring at the window. "can he see us?" octavia whispers.

bellamy shakes his head. "i don't know." after about a minute lincoln walked off and octavia started to move around. "shh, just listen to me. i'll get him back, i promise."

kodie bit her bottom lip and rubbed her thigh with her good hand. "wait here."

"what are you doing?" bellamy grabs her arm as she reached for the lock.

"i have a plan." she looks at octavia. "mind if i borrow that gun for a sec?" octavia's eyes widen and kodie shakes her head. "he might be your boyfriend, but he was basically my mentor. i'm not killing him."

octavia hesitantly handed kodie the gun and as she went to open the door bellamy's grip on her arm tightened. "kodie, you can't go out there. if something happens, i—" he cut himself off as he glanced at octavia. he cleared his throat before finally letting go of kodie's arm. "be careful."

kodie gives him a nod, "will do, boss." she slowly unlocks the door and opens it. "lock it behind me, okay?"

octavia nods quickly and kodie closes the door as quietly as possible. the flashlights from the guards were laying on the ground, reflecting light off the cars, so she kept her light off as she made her way back to where they had been killed. no reapers were in sight as she kneeled down next to scott's body and grabbed the shock baton in his belt loop. she pressed the button on it and smiled as the electric flowed through it. she quickly turned it off so it didn't draw attention. once she made it back to the car she tapped lightly on the window.

octavia quickly opened the door and kodie nods at her. "i need you to get his attention. you have to draw him in."

"you're not putting my sister's life in danger." bellamy states.

"will it help lincoln?" octavia asks and kodie nods. "then i'm doing it."

"draw him in and lead him so he's trapped between the car and the wall." kodie says. "i'll handle it from there."

"kodie—"

"shut up for five minutes, will ya?" kodie glares at bellamy.

"okay, let's do it." octavia nods, climbing out of the car. bellamy followed behind and kodie grabbed his arm, pulling him back so he was out of the light.

"you better know what you're doing." he mumbles to her as octavia steps out into the light and calls out for lincoln.

"have a little faith, bellamy." kodie rolls her eyes. when lincoln came out from behind a car across the lot octavia started drawing him where kodie told her to. she quickly, but quietly, followed behind lincoln and as he neared octavia and the girl was cornered, she spoke up. "hey, lincoln!" she quickly turned on the baton as lincoln turned to her and pressed it to his neck, shocking him until he was unconscious on the floor.

"smart." bellamy says as he walks over. "i give you props for that, but now we need to get him to the drop ship."

kodie groans, "god, i never thought i would see that place again."