08

"abby, let me out of here, please. it was stupid. i'm sorry." raven says quickly as abby and kodie enter.

"no, i don't wanna hear it." abby shakes her head.

kodie freezes in her spot and raises an eye at jaha. "what the hell?"

"who are you?" jaha asks as he sat on the floor.

"i thought you were still on the ark?" kodie furrowed his eyebrows.

"i made it to the ground." he responds.

"he was ready to throw finn out the gate." raven brought the attention back to her.

"and you think i would let that happen?" abby asks.

"kodie jacobs." the brunette said quickly. "kind of left the ark awhile back."

jaha nods, "i remember you now."

abby speaks up again. "the only way we're gonna make it through this is if we trust each other."

"i'm trying." raven shakes her head lightly.

"she's free to go." abby says to the guards before turning back to raven. "if you do anything like that again, you will be back here, and you will stay here. do you understand me?" raven quickly nods before heading out.

kodie quickly followed behind. "always good to be a favourite, right?"

raven laughs lightly, "i guess so."

raven headed off towards her working station where they had been planning for mount weather while kodie went over to an empty table and sat down. the sun was beginning to rise and kodie watched as all the guards stood along the fence.

the grounders soon began to chant and kodie rose from her feet as she noticed clarke come out of a tent, finn coming out behind her.

"this is it." clarke said to finn. "we have to get you inside."

"they're chanting "blood must have blood"." kodie states and she looks at finn before sighing. "come on." she leads finn inside the ark. clarke stood with kodie and abby outside the door.

"they're trying to scare us." bellamy states and kodie nodded slightly.

"i think we should pull back and go inside the station." abby says.

"no." clarke shook her head. "we need to prove we're not afraid."

kodie nods, "i agree with clarke."

"what if i am?" abby asks.

kodie crosses her arms over her chest. "pretend you're not."

clarke squeezes her mom's hand before walking towards the gate, bellamy, clarke and kodie following behind.

"open the gate." abby instructs and once it's opened one of the grounders speak.

"where's the boy?"

"we're not giving him up." abby states. "we're ready do fight, if that's what it comes to." a horn blows in the distance and the two grounders ride off.

"watch the woods!" bellamy shouts. "watch for movement!"

"bellamy." clarke says quietly as a man starts to emerge from the trees.

"don't shoot!" he shouts, holding his hands up in surrender.

"kane?" kodie's eyes widen.

"it's good to see this place again." kane says after exchanging a few quiet words with abby.

"you can't be out in the open." bellamy steps forward. "we need to get somewhere safe."

kane smiles, "it's safe, for the moment. come on, we need to talk. i managed to buy us a bit of time." his eyes fall on kodie and he furrows his eyebrows. "kodie?" kodie nods quickly and rushes over to him, hugging his torso. "you look so much like your mother." he says as she pulls away from him. "i'm happy you're alive."

"same to you." she smiles.

abby and kane headed inside the station and kodie turned to face clarke. "go to finn." she turns to bellamy. "we need to follow them."

× × ×

as the doors opened and abby walked out raven quickly stood up. "what's happening?"

"you were in there a long time." bellamy states.

"there's a lot to talk about." abby says.

"well, what's going on?" raven asks.

"there is a lot to talk about." abby repeats.

bellamy steps in from of her. "hey, we are not turning him over to the grounders."

"step aside, now." abby says. bellamy hesitantly steps out of her way. "we're all trying to find a way out of this."

kodie purses her lips, "either way, finn dies, right?" abby simply shook her head and walked away.

bellamy looks at kodie. "they're gonna give him up." he heads down the hall where finn and clarke were, kodie following behind. "finn, we need to get you out of here."

"where would he go?" clarke asks.

"the drop ship." bellamy answers.

"no." clarke shakes her head. "you know that this is the safest place—"

"they're turning on him." bellamy states. "we can protect him at the drop ship till we figure this out. grab your gear and meet at raven's gate in five. she's cutting the power for the fence."

"raven has a gate?" kodie furrows her eyebrows. "where the hell have i been?"

"okay, but nobody's coming with me." finn states.

"that isn't up for discussion." bellamy says.

"we are surrounded by grounders." clarke states.

"we split up, take the low ground, we'll make it through." the oldest of the two blake siblings says. "meet at the drop ship."

"there he is." one of the men from earlier pointed at finn. "you were gonna get us killed." he raised a metal pole kodie hadn't realised he was holding and went to attack, but bellamy knocking him in the face with his gun.

"anyone else?" bellamy glares as people stood by in shock of the man on the ground.

"bellamy's right." clarke changes her mind. "we have to go." she grabs finn's arm and they rush off.

kodie went to follow, but bellamy grabbed her arm. "you're with me."