Oberyn Martell (Requested)

You were tired. No, you were exhausted. You hadn't been able to sleep the past few nights because of the storms raging on outside your windows. You always hated storms; it was during a storm you learned of your sister, Elia's death. You slowly made your way to breakfast, your feet dragging from exhaustion. You sat down at the table and closed your eyes. "Good Morning, my dear (Y/N)." You opened your eyes and saw one of your older brothers, Doran, making his way to the table. "Good Morning, Brother." He kissed your forehead before making his way to his chair. Servants began placing food on the table and you slowly made up your plate, hoping the food would provide some energy. The door opened and you turned to see your other older brother, Oberyn, walk into the dining hall. "About time. I was thinking I would have to send a servant to wake you." Oberyn chuckled. "I would never miss the chance to eat breakfast with you, my brother. Nor with my beautiful little sister." He kissed your forehead and took his seat across from you. "Is that a new dress? (Y/F/C) always was your color." You smiled. "Thank you, Oberyn. I believe this is the fabric you got me for my name day." He smirked. "I believe it is. I'm glad you found use for it." You took a few bites of food and you could feel Oberyn's eyes on you. You looked up to see he was indeed staring. "Staring is rude." "You look tired, sweet sister." "Mmm, something every woman wants to hear from a man." He smirked. "Did you sleep well?" You gave him a small smile. "Yes, I did." Doran noticed the bags under your eyes for the first time this morning. "(Y/N), are you sure you're feeling well?" You smiled. "Gods, you sound worse than that old nanny we had. I promise, I'm fine." You said. Doran and Oberyn looked at each other but didn't push you further.
———————————————
You had been in the water gardens enjoying the sun, but found yourself dozing off. You didn't want to be found sleeping outside, so you decided to go back to your room. As you were walking through the halls, you found yourself getting dizzy. You stumbled a bit and grabbed onto the wall for support. "What the..." you mumbled as black dots began to spot your vision. You heard footsteps turn the corner of the hall and barely made out the vision of Oberyn. "(Y/N)?" His voice was laced with concern. You stumbled a bit forward before your vision went black and you fell forward. Before you met the floor, you felt Oberyn grab you and pick you up. "(Y/N)? Speak to me!" "Oberyn..." You whispered before giving into the dark.
—————————————
The first thing you noticed when you woke up, was that your body was exhausted. You looked to your right and saw the sun setting over the gardens outside your balcony. How did I get to my room? You thought as you looked around at the golden light filing your room. Oberyn. You looked to your left and saw Oberyn sitting in a chair at your side reading a book. You reached your hand out to him; you gently brushed your hand against his and he jumped a little. He looked down and saw your hand on his; he grabbed it and looked up to see you staring at him. "Oh, (Y/N)." He said softly. He closed his book and moved his chair closer to you. He picked up the cup on the nightstand and helped you drink before grabbing half of a sandwich and handing it to you. You slowly took a few bites and felt your hunger begin to subside. Oberyn brushed some hair away from your forehead and you saw the concern etched on his face. You finished your food and placed the plate back on the nightstand. "If you continue to frown, you'll get wrinkles." He shook his head. "Always so witty." You sighed. "Oberyn-" "What happened? I turned that corner and saw you leaning against the wall. You stumbled and then fell; I barely caught you before you hit the ground." You closed your eyes. "I lied at breakfast this morning." Silence. "I haven't been sleeping well. Actually, I haven't slept at all the past few nights." You opened your eyes and looked at your brother. "What keeps you up?" "You'll think it's stupid." "I think not sleeping several nights in a row is stupid." You gave him a look but his face was deadly serious. You looked at the wall behind him. "The storms.... they scare me." You whispered. You shifted your gaze back to him. "When I was just a child, I was sitting by the balcony watching a storm when I found out that my sister was raped and murdered. And her children-" You stopped. You saw the sad look on his face and wiped the tears away from your face. "(Y/N), why didn't you come and get me?" You scoffed. "I'm not a child. I'm a woman scared of stupid storms. What was I supposed to do? Knock on your door like a scared little girl?" He squeezed your hand. "You are not a scared little girl. You are (Y/N) Martell, Princess of Dorne." Thunder rumbled in the distance. You looked out the window and saw lightning streak across the sky, a clap of thunder following close behind; you felt the fear slowly creep into your body. "Move over." You looked back over and saw Oberyn was now standing, the chair back by the table; his shoes were off and he had taken his shirt off. "What?" "Move over." "Why?" "Always asking so many questions, (Y/N)." He lifted the edge of your covers and started to get into the bed; you moved over so he would have room. "We haven't done this since we were kids." You said, staring at the ceiling. "And yet here we are." Another clap of thunder shook the room. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer. "Get some sleep, little sister. You're safe." You curled up into him and let sleep overtake you.