Lord Varys

You tossed and turned in your bed. You were stressed and it was keeping you from falling asleep. You turned on your side again and sighed after a few moments coming to terms with the fact that you weren't getting any sleep tonight. You groaned and got out of bed, put on the simplest dress you owned, and made your way through the dark halls of the Red Keep. You ran your hand along the stone wall as you made the familiar trip to the library. You quietly open and close the door, then silently make your way to one of the tables. You light a candle and walk to your favorite spot in the very back of the library on the highest floor. You drifted your hand over the spines of the hundreds of books before stopping and picking up the random book you stopped on. You glanced of the title and shrugged. "I suppose it'll do." You said before curling up in your favorite chair and began reading. You were a few chapters in when you heard the faint sound of movement come from the darkness. You smiled as you marked your page and shut the book. "You can join me, Varys. I don't bite." Slowly, he emerged from the dark with his hands folded in his sleeves as usual. "Can't sleep?" He asked and you nodded. "Unfortunately, sleep has evaded me this evening. What are you doing up at this hour?" "Oh, I was simply thinking." You gave him a look. "How did you know I was in the library?" You asked. You hadn't seen anyone on your way here. He smiled. "(Y/N), in all my years of knowing you the library is where you come when you're upset." You blushed and looked down. He took a seat beside you. "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" You glanced at him. Varys was one of the very few people in King's Landing that you actually liked. You sighed and ran a hand through your hair. "This whole wedding business between Margaery and Joffrey tomorrow... I have a bad feeling." Varys looked concerned. "Are you having dreams again, (Y/N)?" You looked down and traced the lines of your hand. "Perhaps." You said softly. Varys sighed. "What did you see?" You shifted your gaze to the candle. "I saw... a beautiful ceremony... a feast beyond compare..." You ran your finger slowly through the flame. "I saw beautiful colors of gold, red, icy blue... and then..." You stopped your hand just above the flame. "Death." You extinguished the flame and zoned out. "(Y/N)." You looked up at Varys. "Have you told anyone else?" You gave Varys a look. "You're the only person who knows of these dreams, Varys. And the only person I confide in." "Good. For the kingdom's sake (Y/N), let's hope that for once your dreams do not come true." You shivered and stood up. "Yes well, I should get some sleep if I'm to make it through tomorrow." You went to walk away when Varys grabbed your hand. "I would like you to stay close tomorrow." You nodded. "Good Night, Varys." You gave him a stiff smile before walking back to your room, praying to the gods that you were wrong about tomorrow.